Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: McDavid's effect on Hall, Eberle and RNH

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: McDavid's effect on Hall, Eberle and RNH

hall mcdavid yakupov
    pouliot rnh eberle

this may have inadvertently ended derek roy's career haha
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Hall is almost guaranteed to benefit from McDavid as he's a triggerman. Eberle will too by virtue of PP time, but I could see Eberle being put on the 2nd line to give the Oil a balanced attack 5 on 5. If Yakupov goes onto the top line then he becomes a safe bet for 50+ points.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares, Hertl
    LW - DeBrincat, Boldy, Lafreniere
    RW - Meier, Miller, Boeser, Nichushkin
    D - Dobson, Karlsson
    G - Jarry, Luukkonen

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    hall mcdavid yakupov
    pouliot rnh eberle

this may have inadvertently ended derek roy's career haha
    I thought this to but I still hope they re-sign him, unless theyre dead-set on trading Yakupov now for some defense or goaltending.
    I just hate messing with good chemistry, D.Roy and Yak clearly have it, let it continue.
    Pouliot RNH Eberle
    Hall Mcdavid Purcell(preferrably someone new, C.Stewart please.)
    Draisaitl Roy Yakupov
    Lander Gordon Hendricks
    ....nice and spread out, hard to line match. Pouliot Purcell and Roy lose out on PP time but gain it PK'ing.

ps. As a Hall fan i'm ecstatic about this. As an Oilers fan, I think I had a religious experience during that lottery event, almost feinted. I feel drunk with excitement.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Ace

Maybe now I can trade Hall for a great return and let another fantasy owner worry about the 20% of games he misses due to injury each season.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by TeamRamrod View Post
    Sometimes the best trade is the one you don't make.
    I have said this to myself more than a few times.
    GO BRUINS

20 team Keeper - Protect 10
    Dress weekly 8 Fwds 4 D-men 1 Goalie
    Fwds 1pt - gl 1pt - asst
    Dmen 2pt - gl 1pt - asst FWDS & D-Men 1pt PPG / SHG / OTG
    Goalies 3pts-win 2pts-shutout

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

If Crosby only got 84 points, then how the hell will Hall get 90+??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ace

Maybe this makes other trades a little more likely for the Oil. Maybe Draisaitl can now be traded. Maybe Nuge (altho I doubt it). The possibilities are intriguing...but I'd bet a shit-ton that the Oilers just hold the course with their youngsters.

I don't mind this for McDavid tho. He doesn't have to be the first-line centre next season..which is what he would be in Buffalo, and probably Arizona. He can be the 2nd-line guy with RNH taking tougher matchups. Nuge was really finding his game down the stretch. Obviously McDavid is going to be the man in Edmonton, but I don't think he has to be the saviour right away. And that might be a good thing.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I think McDavid helps Yakupov more than anyone. Hall and Eberle already had a very good center to play with. They might end up playing with McDavid but that's only like 5-10 more points for them long-term. Or the Oilers could spread their offense and keep Hall and Eberle with RNH.

Yakupov was playing with Derek Roy, now he's playing with McDavid or RNH. That's a huge upgrade. Yakupov finally has a real Top-6 playmaking center to play with, so he can focus on scoring goals. Yakupov will be a nice sleeper next season.

This hurts RNH's value long-term because he becomes a #2 center. But great #2 centers can still score 70+ points.

Dobber Sports Deity

Nuge, Pouliot and Eberle were fantastic the second half of the season when Hall was out.

Bringing in McDavid now gives the Oilers two dynamic, offensive centers to go with their highly skilled wingers. Nelson (I assume the Oilers retain him as coach. He did a lot of good things in his short time) now has someone to play center with Taylor Hall.

This also gives the Oilers time so they dont have to try and rush Draisaitl next season (who obviously wasnt ready this year but due to the lack of depth down the middle was forced in to play). The can send him to the AHL and let him develop as well.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think the person who will benefit most from this is going to be yak. He finally has a talented center to play with. I can see the top six being something like this.

Pouliot-RNH-Eberle
    Hall-Mcdavid-Yak

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Ageed Drift! Yak will play with McDavid and they will keep RNH with Eberle. Yak already looked like he was starting to benefit playing with Roy and stating to break out a bit toward the end of the season under a better coach. Imagine playing with McDavid now and probably a top end coach! He's a sniper that needs a top center to set him up.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I just hope the Oilers don't ruin him...

Dobber Sports Newbie

Someone will have to be traded. If not this offseason then next. It's really good for a player like Leon Draisaitl who could have another year to develop at the AHL level. In my humble opinion, hailing from Windsor and having the pleasure to see Taylor Hall play for a long time, I think he should be shopped to the highest bidder. As highly skilled as he is, he seems to lack the maturity necessary of a potential team building block. RNH, Yak, Draisaitl and now McDavid are all extremely gifted players AND all are very responsible and well-versed off the ice as well.

Trade Hall!!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hall was called a cancer in the locker room by Eakins. Move Hall and you got a winner in the making as long as long as they get the right pieces back for Hall which they should.

Dobber Sports Stud

i love all the hype over McDavid and EDM right now....TSN loves you guys.....that lottery was embarassing last night!!!! kind of overdone just a wee bit......just a tad....

Back to EDM....all one needs to say to EDM before drop of the puck is "BOO!" and EDM folds....why wouldent they?? hall nuge yack eberle are schoolgirls that have no solid vet presence to help them.......McDavid doesent change this assuming he gos #1 overall...its funny how all of a sudden McEichel is table scraps......

furthermore....something about the #1 ranked player and 4th ranked player in THE WORLD playing on the same JR team scares me....its kind of like a false-positive......for whom I dont know.....is Strome overhyped because of McDavid???more than likely but IF Dylan Strome is the real deal than it would stand to reason that they both inflated each others stats...kind of like you know....mackinnon and drouin? how they doing these days? tearing up the league???? Is MaDavid a Tier 1 generational talent like Gretzky , Lemieux? or is he a Tier 2 talent like Crosby, Stamkos, Tavares???.....most likely Tier 2.....but those 3 did not enter a situation as dire as EDM....at least they had vet presence that could shelter these players and take charge in the room.....EDM provides none of this...

hype should be toned down significantly with McDavid going to EDM as compared to anywhere else. This thinking that UFAs will all of a sudden scramble to EDM to play with McJesus is laughable....has anyone here been to EDM?????? ummmm no thanks.......these are rich athletes that care more about the weather/city than who they will play with.....

i refuse to make a projection on McJesus but history-facts tell me that hall,nuge,yak,eberle all have failed to reach their potential...***maybe they were overhyped to begin with****thanks TSN for hyping young undrafted players to mythical proportions, all to SELL your draft day special!!!!!!!!!!!!!

finally, this isnt plug and play video game EA sports hockey guys...this is real hockey....90pts? hall?? really???........

TM