Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ehlers vs Nylander

Dobber Sports Legend

Default Re: Ehlers vs Nylander

Ev,

Forget about where Ehlers was drafted. Have you watched this kid the last 2 years? He legitimately could have made the Jets out of camp or easily have been spotted like Pastrnak. Instead, he put up about 2 PPG in the Q and was a human highlight reel. His passion for the game is second-to-none, which impresses me the most. Personally, I think he's going to be a better NHL player than Drouin and people absolutely gush over him - rightfully so. In 5 years time, I predict Ekblad and Ehlers are going to be the best of all the players selected in 2014.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Ev,

Forget about where Ehlers was drafted. Have you watched this kid the last 2 years? He legitimately could have made the Jets out of camp or easily have been spotted like Pastrnak. Instead, he put up about 2 PPG in the Q and was a human highlight reel. His passion for the game is second-to-none, which impresses me the most. Personally, I think he's going to be a better NHL player than Drouin and people absolutely gush over him - rightfully so. In 5 years time, I predict Ekblad and Ehlers are going to be the best of all the players selected in 2014.
    Well I think Drouin won't be a good NHL so no argument from me there lol. I'd take Ehlers over Nylander but he will have to prove it in the pros since the Q is so bad. Look at Mantha.

Still this conversation started about picking either over Hammond and I'd still grab the potential starter over two unproven wingers

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Well I think Drouin won't be a good NHL so no argument from me there lol. I'd take Ehlers over Nylander but he will have to prove it in the pros since the Q is so bad. Look at Mantha.

Still this conversation started about picking either over Hammond and I'd still grab the potential starter over two unproven wingers
    Seems like a lot of good NHL players comes from the Q. Not sure why you are so down on that league.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    They COULD go bottom six if they didn't make it on the top two, who knows? I said Emerson Etem was going to be a bottom six player when everyone else was so confident in his scoring translating to the NHL - which it hasn't and probably never will.

People just assume that if a guy is drafted high (Top 10 or so) that he has 1st line upside. When scouts say 1st line player that is a big step from 2nd line, it doesn't mean just that he will play on a 1st line one day
    In the last decade, how many top ten guys have ended up in the bottom six?
    Etem was late first round. Doesn't count. And I'm not sure his ship has sailed quite yet.

Who else?
    Frolik? (10th overall - he's your perfect example)
    Schenn (debatable -- could still turn into top six)
    Couturier (another good example)

Rare. It doesn't happen for the most part. GMs aren't drafting Fs in the top ten to be bottom six guys and they rarely make that transition.
    More often than not, they'll get dealt because another team will think they can become top six (Pouliot, Connolly)
    And if that doesn't work, they'll bust.

I'm pretty confident in saying that Nylander and Ehlers probably have two options: top six wingers (again, top line isn't really a designation -- guys float between scoring lines) or bust.
    And right now, I like the looks of both of them a lot.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post

I'm pretty confident in saying that Nylander and Ehlers probably have two options: top six wingers (again, top line isn't really a designation -- guys float between scoring lines) or bust.
    And right now, I like the looks of both of them a lot.
    Hit the nail on the head. Agreed.
    [SIZE=1][I] 10 Team H2H Roto (Start 3C,3LW,3RW,5D,4Bench,2G in bold)
    C: Kopitar, Getzlaf, Haula
    LW: Vrana, Svechnikov, Bertuzzi
    RW: Brown, Kase, Rakell
    D: Burns, Giordano, Hedman, Gustafsson, Josi
    G: Vasilevskiy, Rittich
    "Bench":
    IR: Malkin

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by vandalay View Post
    Not commenting on the debate, just chiming in on Ehlers and how dominant he has been in the playoffs. 15 points in the first series, including the OT winner in game 7. Even more impressive is that he got 15 points on 19 goals scored by Halifax in the entire series. He is absolutely putting them on his back.

Now in the second series they have played 3 games and he has 10 points. 25 points in 10 games.
    As an Ehlers owner this makes me
    12 Team H2H (Daily) - Keep 10 + 5(Farm)
    4C/3LW/3RW/4D/3G/4Bench/3IR
    G A Pts +/- STP GWG SOG/ W Sv% GAA SHO
    Centers:
    A. Barkov (IR), C. McDavid, J. Carter, Y. Gourde(LW), N. Paul(LW), C. Stephenson
    LWs:
    F. Forsberg, J. Guentzel, A. Duclair(RW), E. Haula(C), A. Killorn
    RWs:
    N. Ehlers(LW), V. Tarasenko, F. Gaudreau(C), V. Podkolzin
    D:
    T. Chabot, C. Makar, M. Dumba, OEL, N. Schmidt
    G:
    S. Bobrovky, T. Demko, J. Gibson(IR), A. Stolarz(IR)
    Farm:
    J. Annunen, A. Kaliyev, A. Lundell, F. Lysell, M. Rossi