Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Craig Anderson re-injures hand

Banned

Default Re: Craig Anderson re-injures hand

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Do you know something we don't? Is there a rift with Anderson and the coaching staff/management? Come on Ev, dish for us...he didn't like his new nickname, "Triple B" (Burger Boy's Backup)?

I have to say, him "re-breaking" his hand is awfully convenient...just sayin'!
    I don't know a thing. My prediction is that he is the one who will be traded, because they will for sure be trading Lehner or Anderson this summer. Anderson has more trase value, and a great contract. I'd rather roll with Lehner and Hammond - that way you still have an older guy with more experience, and a young guy still trying to prove it. San Jose, Buffalo, Edmonton, would be great fits for Anderson.

Dobber Sports Stud

Big useless piece of trash. Why'd I trade for this fool? He singlehandedly cost my leagues of winning first. Traded for him in early Feb hoping for 10 wins or so but only 2 pathetic starts in last 30 days. Just wow.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lektrix View Post
    Big useless piece of trash. Why'd I trade for this fool? He singlehandedly cost my leagues of winning first. Traded for him in early Feb hoping for 10 wins or so but only 2 pathetic starts in last 30 days. Just wow.
    He got injured. What can you do.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Maybe it's time to go get the Hamburgler if he's still available and drop Anderson... particularly if your championship dreams could end soon.

Dobber Sports Deity

He was also a big contributor to a lot of fantasy teams earlier in the year, putting up some excellent numbers. It's a crappy time for him to get hurt (I know because as I as mentioned earlier, both he and Lou are hurt on my playoff team right now) but he was also an excellent fantasy asset for me earlier this year.

Pewp happens man. It just sucks it happens at this time of year.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

It's clearly more than a bruise in the traditional sense, there has to be some kind of bone problem. And rather than him quitting on the team it sounds like he tried to be the hero and play injured, which arguably cost the team the game vs Boston. That's unfortunate but understandable, players play hurt and hide injuries all the time. http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/03/17/...t-least-a-week
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    It's clearly more than a bruise in the traditional sense, there has to be some kind of bone problem. And rather than him quitting on the team it sounds like he tried to be the hero and play injured, which arguably cost the team the game vs Boston. That's unfortunate but understandable, players play hurt and hide injuries all the time. http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/03/17/...t-least-a-week
    What cost them was not being able to score on Rask. Yesterday they did.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    What cost them was not being able to score on Rask. Yesterday they did.
    I said arguably, you state as a fact it is out of the question. c'mon. The winning goal was a soft goal, had it stayed 1-1 who knows how the game ends up.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    I said arguably, you state as a fact it is out of the question. c'mon. The winning goal was a soft goal, had it stayed 1-1 who knows how the game ends up.
    Hammond let in a softie to make the game 1-1 the other night, then they actually went down 2-1. The difference is rask didn't play superhuman that game.

wd will need anderson if we want to make the playoffs and make any noise in it

Dobber Sports Stud

Do you think Anderson will come back in the next week to play a few more games or have we already seen his last game in uniform?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Do you think Anderson will come back in the next week to play a few more games or have we already seen his last game in uniform?
    I'm wondering the same thing. Been searching but haven't found any info yet, which is tempting me to drop him.
    Yahoo! H2H, Daily Starts, Min 3 G starts/Week, Max 2 Pick Ups/Week.

1 Year,12 Team
    G, A, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

2 C: JT Miller, Giroux
    3 W: B. Tkatchuk, Toffoli, S. Reinhart
    4 D: Hamilton, Heiskanen, Nurse, Sanheim
    2 G: Venecek, Jarry
    4 BN: Wilson, Nelson, Svechnikov, Barkov
    2 IR: Meier

Dobber Sports Stud

Heard he's back for B2Bs this weekend?