Thread: Another Fantasy Hockey Resource

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Another Fantasy Hockey Resource

Hey guys,

Just thought I\'d throw out another resource that I am sure some of you know. He\'s got some good stuff at times.

http://blog.canoe.ca/drhockey

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re:Another Fantasy Hockey Resource

Thanks Doulos,

An example of \"Dr. Hockey\"\'s excellent stuff -- very clever :lol:

BRIAN\'S PERFECT SCENARIO

So if I’ve got this correct, Burke would have preferred that the situation played out like this during the weekend at the BC HHOF as the two sat next to other at dinner.

K-Lowe: Psst. Burkie. We’re going to make a pitch for Dustin Penner on Monday. We’ve got a press conference called for 9AM, but if you want to sleep in a bit that day I can push it back to 11.

Burke: I’ll be up, but thanks bud. How much is the deal worth?

K-Lowe: An average of $2.8M for five years. That seems fair, doesn’t it?

Burke: Yeah, that’s pretty much exactly the kind of long term deal I had hoped to sign him to sometime in the next year or two. Good figure Kev - you know your stuff.

K-Lowe: Thanks. We were going to go higher than that since we have plenty of cap space and we really need a goal scorer with size. I just got to thinking though that going up to something like $4.25M per season for Penner would negatively impact other teams around the league and I\'d hate to do that. They\'ve been so good to us over the years; especially when we were forced into trading away all of our stars because of financial reasons.

Burke: Exactly. I mean, look at how generous we were when we had you up against the wall - um, I mean were working out a fair deal for Pronger last summer!

K-Lowe. My thoughts precisely. About that though... I know it\'s too late now, but you never answered my calls about your return policy on Joffrey Lupul. I still had the receipt before I traded him in for a Pitkanen.

Burke: Shhh. The ceremony is starting.