Thread: Trading 2015 draft picks...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Trading 2015 draft picks...

So, I've accumulated six 2015 first rounders for a team that I am retooling that is still a couple of years away from competeting...thinking of moving some of these picks for players closer to the draft once the hype train starts picking up steam

We hold a lottery based on NHL lottery, two of the picks I have are from the last place teams (Sabers and Oilers), so where they draft is where I will draft with these picks..... the other picks are from teams on the cusp of making the playoffs so all good picks.

Out of curiosity, would you move those top 2 picks for stud player? Having a tough time valuing them.....I've had alot of interest from other teams in our league that are rebuilding and I could probably ship my top 2 or 3 picks for a teir 1 goalie an elite forward.....I know you should almost always take proven over potential but seeing as I'm still at least 2-3 years from competeting maybe I stand pat?

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Trading 2015 draft picks...

I dont think I would move any picks until I know exactly (post lottery draft) where they will slot. That is what will determine their worth in my eyes.

If you are still a couple years from competing, I think I would keep the first two and consider trading away some of the others for proven quality assets.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Thanks for the input..... I was thinking of waiting to draft, and prob will. My only hesitation is the off chance that those top picks don't get me first overall, becasue right now I can get a 1st overall price for them.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Shelf View Post
    Thanks for the input..... I was thinking of waiting to draft, and prob will. My only hesitation is the off chance that those top picks don't get me first overall, becasue right now I can get a 1st overall price for them.
    It's a gamble for sure, but one I think is worth waiting on. At least I know I would.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Shelf View Post
    Define 'first overall price'. If you are rebuilding then I can't possibly think of who you'd rather have than McDavid and you'd be guaranteed Eichel would you not? I just don't see why you'd give that up for a player who's farther along in their career (read: less useful to you in the long run). I'd want multiple elite assets coming back my way if I was to consider moving those picks and that's only if I thought I could pull off an immediate rebuild and contend for the title.

Does your league cap salary?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It would depend on what you mean by first overall price? What do you think you could get in return? I'm not sure who a team would offer that would replace a guy like McDavid and Eichel? You could really build around those two.

MAYBE if someone is offering Tavares or Stamkos? That would be difficult to turn down...but the teams that have those guys are likely playoff teams and not wanting to get rid of those guys at this point in the season.

I'd hold.

Fantrax 18-Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G), 25/30
    Unlimited call-ups = 134 gms
    G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, W, GAA, S, SV%

C: Stamkos, Stepan, Little, T.J.
    W: Kessel, MaGranlund, Simmonds, Landeskog, Hall, Lucic, B.Ritchie, Burakovsky
    D: Gogo, Keith, Leddy, Dumba, Barrie, Forbert,
    G: Rask/Anderson/Mason
    B: Filppula/Hartman/Vrbata/Clendening

Farm: Chartier, Forsbacka Karlsson, Bowers, Chmelevski, Geekie, Gourde, AMorand, MShaw, Haapala, Merkley, Katchouk, Korshkov, Kovacs, Shinkaruk, Lindblom, O'Regan, Bear, Bengtsson, Jokiharju, Kylington, Paigin, Grzelcyk, Stanley, Vaakanainen, Koekkoek, Walman, Fitzpatrick, Berube, Pickard, Zhukov

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by BradyJets View Post
    It would depend on what you mean by first overall price? What do you think you could get in return? I'm not sure who a team would offer that would replace a guy like McDavid and Eichel? You could really build around those two.

MAYBE if someone is offering Tavares or Stamkos? That would be difficult to turn down...but the teams that have those guys are likely playoff teams and not wanting to get rid of those guys at this point in the season.

I'd hold.
    Great point.

Maybe that's a good poll to take? If guaranteed a top 2 pick, who currently in the league would you give that up for if you were more interested in continuing to compete now?

Clearly the top 5? Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Ovie and Tavares... How bout Giroux? hall? Seguin or Mack? Is there anyone I'm missing who may be worth giving up a potential top pick for?

Thanks for the responses. I should clarify what I mean by 'first overall price'....my goalies are trash and I could probably get a Rask or Price for those top picks...rather deep H2H with 35% of scoring based on goalies cats, naturally goalies are tough to come by. Regarding players had some tire kickers offering guys that didn't really work into my plans..Top 15-20 forward types. Pretty sure Id snap call if I could get one of the young big 5 or 6.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'd trade one of those picks for price, rask or rinne. I would Move both of those picks for: Sid, Ovie, stamkos, tavares. I'd move one of the picks for malkin, Seguin, Giroux, backstrom, p.kane and possibly benn, getz, Perry.
    H2H Yahoo 20 team limited keeper. Keep 5, F, F, D, G and F or D
    Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 5D, 3UTI, 2G. 4 bench slots.
    Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HTS, BLK
    GS, W, L, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

Draisatl, Voracek, Kucherov, Karlsson, Andersen