Thread: Injured D men

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Injured D men

Well Another one of my D just got Injured Vatanen and I already have Shattenkirk on IR, Only 1 IR spot so not sure what I should do. I can Pick up Tyler Meyers but if so who should I drop Vatanen or should I move him to IR and drop Shattenkirk or should I drop Talbot and run 2 goalies.

C Giroux C/RW Thorton Bergeron
    Lw Landeskog Parise Steen C/LW Soderberg C/LW
    Rw Hossa C/RW Pomminville
    D Doughty Hedman, Shattenkirk(IR) Klingberg Vatanen(IR)
    G Rask Dubnyk,Talbot
    Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shots on Goal (SOG)
    Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)
    3 goalie appearances a week

thanks,
    12 team Yahoo H2H #5 pick. Max 6 weekly acquisitions, 2-day waiver time, FAB with continuous rolling list tiebreak and waiver mode. Minimum 20 innings pitched weekly. Roster: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 3 OF, 2 Util, 2 SP, 2 RP, 4 P, 5 BN, 4 IL.
    Batting categories: R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG. Pitching categories: W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP
    C Realmuto, Kirk

1B Casas, LeMahieu 1B/2B/3B
    2B Albies, Arraez 1B/2B
    3B G. Henderson 3B/SS, Berti 2B/3B/SS/OF
    SS O. Cruz, Urias 2B/3B/SS
    OF J Rod, Trout, G. Mitchell, Meneses 1B/OF,
    SP Scherzer, Javier SP/RP, Senga, P. Lopez, Urquidy
    RP Doval, Bednar, Barlow, Kimbrel

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Injured D men

With Dubnyk and Rask I think you should be fine running two goalies. It's not like Talbot has been giving outstanding stats anyway. Both goalies will be relied on to help their team make the playoffs so no worries about not getting enough weekly starts.
    9 team One Year Rotisserie League (Daily Rosters with 82 Max Games Played) 40 move limit
    Cats: G A +/- PIM PPG PPP SHP GWG SOG GWG FW HIT BLK W GAA SV SV% SHO
    3C 2LW 2RW 4D 1UTIL 2G 3BN

C McDavid Larkin Dubois Schenn Konecny
    LW Panarin Connor Arvidsson Nichushkin
    RW Marner Necas Buchnevich
    D Fox Burns Pietrangelo Durzi
    G Oettinger Samsonov
    IR+ P. Kane

Dobber Sports Expert

It's nice to have the option of 3 goalies. I would keep Talbot until Lundqvist comes back then go looking for a replacement. Vatenen is out until mid-March at the earliest, to late March worst case. I expect Shattenkirk to be back early March. If it were me, I would drop Vatanen, keep Shatty and grab Myers short term. I expect Myers to cool a little once the newness of a new team wears off so keep an eye on him and be ready to grab another D when he does. Monitor Vatanen. You can always pick him back up once he's closer to returning.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Similar situation, I had Shattenkirk, Vatanen, Anderson, Lundqvist all go on IR and only 1 IR spot.

Ended up dropping Vatanen and Anderson, and a depth forward while putting Shattenkirk on IR and lundqvist on bench. Picked up Dybnyk and Talbot to help until Lundqvist is back.

I'm probably going to go week to week with hot defenseman as there are none available that I like. Of my 6 forward spots 5 of them are basically always taken with Ovechkin, Backstrom, Pavelski, Pacioretty and Johnson with the 6th being whichever other forward has the best schedule for the week so for me it made sense to put an injured player on the bench and drop a depth forward who I don't use much to fill other holes.