Default How would you rank...

- Iginla and Heatley

- Weiss, McDonald, Fisher

- Kronwall, E. Johnson, Weber, Cobourn

H2H, cats are G,A,P,PIMs,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,FOW,SOG

Thanks in advance.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

would you like us to rank each group or each player??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Rookie

to rank players in each group

Dobber Sports Prodigy

-Heatley over Iginla (so close but Heatley has a good chance at dual eligibility)
    -McDonald, Weiss, Fisher
    -Weber, Johnson, Kronwall, Coburn

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Iginla Heatley
    A few days ago someone was asking who to pick after the Big 4 (Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, Luongo). I myself said either Heatley or Iginla. I guess now I\'ll have to decide

Both are great scorers obviously and they\'re pretty even in all categories. Still I\'d give an edge to Heatley for the quality of his center (Spezza vs Langkow). I know it\'s not much but that\'s all I can find to favor one over the other.

Weiss, McDonald, Fisher
    Here McDonald comes first not only because I think he\'ll be the most productive (60-65pts) but he also stays clear of the infirmary. Both Fisher and Weiss are VIP members of the band-aid boys commitee but since Weiss will anchor the top line in Florida (and the first PP unit), he should be #2 of that group.

Kronwall, E. Johnson, Weber, Cobourn

1) Johnson : Murray brought him up slowly last season but I beleive this year he\'ll be running the PP in St-Louis. 45-50pts.

2) Coburn : Up and coming D-man. Good all around game. He should increase his point total from last year. 40-45pts with good PIMs.

3) Weber : had an injury plagued season last year but he\'ll bounce back. With Zidlicky gone he\'ll take more responsabilities on the PP. His stats will be pretty much the same as Coburn but I think he won\'t have as good a +/-.

4) Kronwall : Would probably be 2nd (maybe 1st?) of that group if he could stay healthy.

Hope it helps

Dobber Sports Stud

Heatley Iginla
    McDonald Fisher Weiss
    Coburn EJ Weber Kronwall

Dobber Sports Legend

1. Heatley / 2. Iginla

1. McDonald / 2. Weiss / 3. Fisher

1. Coburn / 2. Weber / 3. E.Johnson / 4. Kronwall
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Ok here we go...

Iginla > Heatley
    Similar stats. It doesn\'t matter who Iginla plays with, he gets it done.

The difference here for me is 2 fold:
    1-simply the Pims. Iginla plays with more passion and fire than Heatly...hes a F@cking bull.
    2-He IS the guy in Calgary. They play as well as he does. Ott has others that can dictate Heaters play. IMO he needs Spezza and I\'ve seen him play a little uninspired at times. I don\'t think he has the same mentality as Iginla...meaning being the leader. Iginla seems to play with a \"I\'m the shit and I\'ll show you\" attitude.

McDonald > Wiess > Fisher
    I think Mac settled in a little with St. Lou. I see him returning to form and fitting into the system there. If he can find some chemistry with a sniper there, look out. His plus minus should also be better having adjusted to St. Lou play.

Weiss might be ahead of Mac here if his plus minus wasn\'t looking dismal. I think he\'ll have a boat load of opportunity and will produce similar, if not more, than Mac but I can see him blowing up the plus minus cat in a bad way.

I simply don\'t like Fish here because the other two are top line guys. Less opportunity here for Fisher than the other two. Plain and simple for me.

EJ > Weber > Coburn > Kronwall

EJ because he\'s being worked in as \"the man\" and I like his opportunity this year. He could show big things this year. His potential and team put him a little higher on this list for me.

I think the power play will struggle this year in Nashville. Just my .02, but there has bean a lot of turmoil over the Rads thing and I think he\'ll do ok but he will be heavily relied upon to make this PP run now that a few guys are gone...not sure if he can handle it all...but his Pims, decent production, and his spot on the depth chart keep him here for me. Injury bug is hopefully gone, however.

Coburn had a good last few and playoff. He should see ample PP time but I see others getting more touches on the man advantage. I don\'t think he will be the \"gear\" to make this thing work. Decent production but not the top guy.

Kronwall is similar to Coburn in terms of who the Wings will look to...perhaps less. I love the way this guy plays but he gets hurt a lot because of it. The other 3 will produce more, and you can make up the pims elsewhere. I see him as the poor man\'s Weber. Not a viable option for a one year league unless a few get hurt BESIDES him on that blue line.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Don\'t see EJ or Weber touching Coburn for this season.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Garbage Goal wrote:
    Ok here we go...

Iginla > Heatley
    Similar stats. It doesn\'t matter who Iginla plays with, he gets it done.

The difference here for me is 2 fold:
    1-simply the Pims. Iginla plays with more passion and fire than Heatly...hes a F@cking bull.
    2-He IS the guy in Calgary. They play as well as he does. Ott has others that can dictate Heaters play. IMO he needs Spezza and I\'ve seen him play a little uninspired at times. I don\'t think he has the same mentality as Iginla...meaning being the leader. Iginla seems to play with a \"I\'m the shit and I\'ll show you\" attitude.
    I agree about the attitude thing but it doesn\'t necessarily translate into more PIMS.

Iginla gathered 83 PIM last year and Heatley 76 while playing only 71 games.

I know cause I fell in the same trap (assumption?) prior to last season before being corrected by a gentleman (forgot his name) who earned a karma for being so helpful

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I stand corrected...In looking at the past 3 years Heatley has collectively out pim\'ed iginla (2 of the 3 iginla has had more but 06-07 Jerome notched only 40 in 70 games)

I guess i never really noticed Heatley\'s pims because they are a little softer. Kudos...but I\'d still take Iginla. Karma sir.

Dobber Sports Rookie

I think Iginla takes many offensive zone faceoffs (and PP faceoffs) because Langkow sucks in that department. That could be an advantage for Iginla. But Heater is kind of my personal favorite, so it\'s hard for me to rank them.