Thread: Howd I do ? draft

typo88

Default Howd I do ? draft

Hey guys, just finished a draft for an 8 team, 23 man roster roto league. This is what i came out with.

C: Getzlaf, Stastny,H. Sedin, Marleau, j.Staal, Cogliano
    LW: Morrow, Parise, Huselius, Wolski, Cole
    RW: Iginla, Justin Williams, Bernier, Erat, Okposo
    D:Bieksa, Pronger, Burns, Coburn
    G: Nabokov, Miller, Gerber

So how did i do? we dress 3c,3lw,3rw,4d,2g,2util per night.

G.A.Pt.PPA.PPG.SHP,Pims,+/-,PPP,Sh
    W.L.GAA.SV%.SO

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well I like Morrow, Cole, Bieksa and Pronger for PIM\'s, you might be down a little on SOG - could be worse but you aren\'t loaded with goalscorers, more balanced. I think you did well enough with your goalies - always need a little luck in goal in an 8 team league and those guys have the potential to provide it. You don\'t have a real obvious SHP guy unless Staal can return to form there. +/- should be average or a little better in your league. Looks like just about everyone will be first or second line PP so you should get your tickets there.

I assume this is rotisserie and probably max games of 82 per position so you might be a little overbuilt at forward and underbuilt at D.

All in all a decent team with the potential to compete - hope they all fly for you. If they all play to potential you should be happy.

I think it is a B+ to A- team in an 8 team league.

Dobber Sports Genius

I like what you\'ve done. You\'ve managed to cover all spots efficiently. You\'ve done a good job on your wings & in net. This may prove invaluable later when you need to do some trading! Great first steps!

typo88

Thanks for the replys guys. Yea, going in I wanted a \"balanced team\". Last year was my first excusrion into roto and it resulted in a middle of the pack finish, simply because i swung for the fences on draft day and players like kopitar and jokinen brought my team down (awful +/- really killed me). I do agree that my d are the weakest part of my team, but i am morseso gambling that coburn and burns continue to develop, while bieksa finds some of his edge back, because then we are looking at a 40pt, +10, 180pim guy.

Dobber Sports Genius

I like your D. All of them play with an edge and should surely help you in the PIM department. Ya, they are a little risky but surely most of them are sure bets to be solid NHL defenders. And you got good ol veteran presence (Pronger) to keep all those young guys in check lol.
    14 GM H2H Salary Cap League (Salaries not Caps)
    Stats:G A +/- PIM PPG PPA SHP GWG SOG FW HITS|W GAA SV SV% SHO
    Start: 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2UTIL,2G
    Prospect Farm (<92GP skaters, <60 goalies)

Dobber Pro League Wales Division - Roto
    Stats: G,A,+/-,PiM,PPP,SOG|W,GAA,Saves
    Start: 4C,4L,4R,6D,2G (Weekly changes)
    2010 - 3rd place
    2009 - 3rd place

typo88

haha, the way he plays maybe the young guys should keep him in line...lol