Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Brodeur=elite?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Brodeur=elite?

Hardyvan123 wrote:
    who the hell is Enroth?
    He is the heir apparent to Ryan Miller in Buffalo. Hopefully, you will see him shine in the AHL this season. He has been called the top goaltending prospect in the Swedish Elite League.

Dobber\'s prospects guide has his upside as a top ten goalie. I saw him play in Sweden and he is the real deal (in my opinion - for what that\'s worth!).

He is still 3-5 years away from being a number one goalie in the NHL.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Brodeur=elite?

I tend not to follow goalie prospects as closley they have a habit of not getting opportunites, if postion players are talented they play. G

Goalies always sit behind the number 1 guy, too many skilled guys never really get the chance to shine
    14 team keeper league (keep 15 plus 3 prospects)
    19 active, 8 bench, 2 prospects less than 40 NHL games. Play h2h with postions 3c, 3lw, 3rw, (3 felx forwards) 5d, 2g

C-E.Stall, Plekanac,Thorton, Turris, Little
    LW_Elias, Heatley (RW), Pacioretty
    RW-Erat
    D-Keith, Yandle, OEL, Giordano
    G- Rinne, Nabakov

(Farm) Beau Bennett, Jaden Schwartz

Follow me on Twitter @HardyintheWack

(draft in process)

Banned

Default Brodeur=elite?

The Comish wrote:
    FantaSteve wrote:
    I have both Brodeur and Lidstrom on my keeper team, and expect at least two more years of elite production from both. They will stay on my team because there is no way I\'d get proper value from them, and they keep me in contention. If I were to start drafting a new team tomorrow they would both easily be early selections. Do not undervalue their contributions because they\'re old. You should be trying to win your pool every year, and these guys will help you do that.

I am in contention now and so I will ride them into the ground.
    I love this reply. I agree, try to win every year, but of course keep an eye to the future. Many poolies get seduced by the allure of the unknown (prospects).

I just took Brodeur with my first pick in my new 30 team dynasty league with the 14th overall pick.

I expect at least another 2-3 years at this level. Then I am hoping for Enroth to take up the slack!
    I actually just faced this in my draft...he fell all the way to the 5th round and I grabbed him. I have the same philosophy, I\'m out to win every year and Marty\'s going to help me do that for the next 2-4 years. By that point I\'ll have no problem getting a substitute lined up and waiting in the wings. I think I got a steal.

Dobber Sports Legend

Default Brodeur=elite?

I think this season and next are great years for Marty. In 2010-11 I think Marty falls from elite status to Top 5-6 (which is still great).
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka