Thread: Columbus rookies...

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Columbus rookies...

who\'s the better pick for this upcoming season only, Brassard or Voracek?

G, A, +/-, PIMs, SOG
    12 team Roto
    C: Crosby, Getzlaf, Brassard
    LW: Vanek, Avery, Plekanec
    RW: Hossa, Doan, Hemsky, Mueller
    D: Rafalski, Corvo
    G: Turco, Bryzgalov, Ensberg, Budaj

Roster: Start 2 each C, LW, RW, S, D, 2G, 4 bench
    Stats: G, A, STPts, PIMs, +/-, Sog, W, SV%, GAA, SO

Dobber Sports Genius

You\'re in a one year league. You need here and now. Brassard. He\'ll either hit big or stay at home.

Dobber Sports Guru

i think it\'s pretty close, and might not matter. if you have positions in your league, then that would make the decision easier (C vs RW).

brassard has a pro season under his belt and has seen NHL action. however, i think voracek\'s game will translate better and quicker to the NHL, and he\'s bigger already.

they\'re both passers, playing on the same team, and neither are PIM magnets. if positions don\'t matter, just pick whoever you happen to like best.

in my league, i\'ve protected voracek because he\'s a RW and my RW... sucks.

Dobber Sports Stud

how on earth is brassard a \'passer\'?????

he does BOTH...scores G\'s..lots of them in JR and gets A\'s...lots of them..

Brassard has excellent goal scoring instincts along with the ability to see the play and set up goals...

Brassard is not in CBJ to be nash\'s setup bitch.....Brassard is their to score goals and set up goals...

i have seen brassards career stats and no where do i see that he is a \'primary\' passer...i see a guy that scores goals and gets more assists.....a spezza type...

in his draft year....hockey news had him projected as a potential 40 goal man due to his speed and shooting ability....

B)

Dobber Sports Stud

in fact...guys like getzlaf who have NEVER scored 30 goals in jr or NHL are being projected as 35 goal men...

and brassard is projected as a \'passer\'????????????

wtf is that?

:laugh:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I don\'t think either can be described as \"set up\" guys,
    and Brassard has over a PIM / game in most of his years, so that translates to decent PIMS, but he\'s no goon that\'s for sure.

I would take Brassard, but they could be close.

If Huselius and Hitch don\'t play nice, Voracek could be moved up the depth chart quickly.
    8 Team Auction league: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench, 5 farm. $1,000,000 salary cap, live auction annually, 3 year contracts, RFA after contract expiry. Player goes back into the draft, manager who keeps an RFA has the opportunity to match the highest bid. Keep 15 total PLUS farm team. Farm team counts towards your cap.
    Stats: G,A, PPP, PIM, +/-, Shots, GWG - W, SV%, SO

C: Backstrom $72, Bergeron $30, Malkin $160, TJ $5
    LW: Forsberg $5, Schwartz $5, Schenn $16, JVR $15
    RW: Wheeler $67
    D: Doughty $58, Weber $48, Vatenan $7
    G: Schneider $5 Dubnyck $5

Farm: Gibson $13, Drouin $19, S. Bennett $13, Hubs $23

Dobber Sports Guru

tequilamonster wrote:
    in fact...guys like getzlaf who have NEVER scored 30 goals in jr or NHL are being projected as 35 goal men...

and brassard is projected as a \'passer\'????????????

wtf is that?

:laugh:
    next year, brassard will get the vast majority of his points as assists. i am basing that on what i saw from him playing for columbus last season. i agree that he\'s going to be a good goalscorer, in fact i said so in another post today. but we won\'t see that immediately.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

In a one year league take Brassard.

Experience + more a chance with Nash > Voracek.

I realize that Voracek is a RW but IMO thats another reason I feel Brassard will do more. Traditionally, as a center, he will see the puck more and be involved in more plays.

I say he has more of a chance with Nash because I think Umburger will be used on the 2nd line to spread a little offense and not leave a potential line of Filatov(hopefully)-Brassard-Voracek...seems a bit young. If Modin plays on that line it will just slow them down...GOD I hope he doesn\'t.

Dobber Sports Stud

Brassard has been labeled on this board by some as a \'bandaid boy\'.....

shame...

pure fluke injurys...this aint no colijokeoko on the leaves

Nash better reach his \'potential\'......becasue theres a new horse in town who likes to light the lamp also...

CBJ...if hitchock unleashes...will be gold....

if brassard suffers from hitch...so does Nash....its in CBJ\'s best interest to unleash the fury...

silent...shhh...dont tell no one......gold..

B)