Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Black Friday Stuff

Administrator

Default Re: Black Friday Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Which is why you'll finding me peacefully at home home watching Family Guy re-runs while stuffing my face full of leftovers on what I like to refer as "Sweatpants and Hoodie Friday"
    If you wear a black hoodie and black sweatpants you could always tap into the existing marketing and start your own thing!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Hercules

I feel like Thanksgiving weekend for Americans is like Christmas and Boxing Day for Canadians. With my companies headquarters in the states, and a lot of our stuff gets shipped into the states, we literally have nothing to do besides some odd ball stuff today, tmo, and Friday because half the American employees took this week off. Now come Christmas week, we pretty much shut down. We have 24th, 25th and 26th off (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday), but a lot of people here take off Monday and Tuesday to have a long week off. Last yr I did that and kept getting called at home from ppl in the states asking why no one is picking up at the office. Even on Christmas they called.

Then on Boxing Day, people are parking on lawns so they can get a parking spot to get into a mall. A lot more sorry’s are said I bet, but still chaotic for sales that last a week.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by vindigo View Post
    I know I'm new here, but I have to think that as far as bargains go....Black Friday's got nothing on John Klingberg
    More like an early Christmas present...

RETIRED

Banned

The problem with Black Friday in Canada is, it's nothing like the states. They piggyback on the black Friday name, but the sales are mostly shit here in Canada.

The problem with Cyber Monday in Canada is, it's nothing like the states. Everything worth buying frm states websites they don't ship to Canada. It's pathetic really.

Boxing day/week is not what it used to be. I am willing to bet there are better deals in the midst of summer than there are during boxing week.
    However, we always go out to make our rounds, because the wife and I love shopping. It's therapy for us. But at least we don't go into debt with these silly days

Hercules

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Boxing day/week is not what it used to be. I am willing to bet there are better deals in the midst of summer than there are during boxing week.
    However, we always go out to make our rounds, because the wife and I love shopping. It's therapy for us. But at least we don't go into debt with these silly days
    Also with the day off, and most people eating a lot the day before, they feel like they need to get up and move. And with Gift Cards and money from Christmas, it’s almost a given shoppers will go out and spend it.

I was caught doing it last yr, but the GF told me Victoria Secret had a sale on so I was bribed into going, so what man would say no to that?

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Also with the day off, and most people eating a lot the day before, they feel like they need to get up and move. And with Gift Cards and money from Christmas, it’s almost a given shoppers will go out and spend it.

I was caught doing it last yr, but the GF told me Victoria Secret had a sale on so I was bribed into going, so what man would say no to that?
    yep true story. And I think most people set that time away for shopping, while most families don't have the time o have a shopping day in an average week.

This year I am hoping for some jeans and a new suit. Only if the deals are sweet though!

Hercules

For Boxing Day, the mall by me gets security guards for INSIDE one girl store. I went in once with someone and he stopped me and said, “you should wait outside” I looked in and it was like anarchy going in there. Every other store was fine, and a bit packed, but this one was nuts. Aritzia or something like that. All the girls in there were 15-25ish, and all I could think was thank god guys don’t do this.

After looking last night at Futureshops Pre-Black Friday sale (that’s a thing now), the sales were ok, nothing massive. But if you wanted a new TV, there were some good deals. Like a 48” Sony for $580, surround sounds were well priced, and something else was good. But I didn’t need them. PS4/Xbox One’s have “bundle sales”. You don’t save anything, but you get a free 2nd game. Headphones and Bluetooth speakers were decent.

I think they were all decent sales, but you won’t find the Bluetooth speaker you want for $50, so you buy the $80, or the $580 tv, so you buy the $680 one. If I needed speakers, headphones, and entertainment, this would be the time to get them all at once, but other than that I wasn’t floored by the sales.

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

A couple years ago when I lived in Vancouver some friends and I went down to this girls place in Bellingham, WA for Thanksgiving festivities and of course, black friday shopping. It was honestly one of the worst experiences of my entire life, (close to rollerblading UP a hill and breaking my collar bone) the mall we went to was absolutely PACKED, we waited in LINE outside the mall with thousands of people and at midnight when they opened the doors spent another hour trying to actually get in the front doors.

Once inside the corridors of the mall were literally full from side to side and every single store had those metal grate doors SHUT and would let in a certain amount of people at a time. I didn't buy a single thing and swore I would never go shopping on Black Friday again!
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray