Thread: Weber trade

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Weber trade

Hi,

I am looking into acquiring Shea Weber. The person owning Weber wants Voracek + Mike Green in return.
    I am probably going to accept but I wanted a lightly better pick in return whiche he doesnt want to do because it's his first year and he is building his team through the draft.

Another option is to go get Drouin from another team and to ship Drouin + Green for Weber. If I do this (Voracek for Drouin), I would want a better pick in return. What do you think is a fair deal in this scenario in order to get Drouin and then ship him to the Weber owner? I will see if Drouin owner is interested in moving him or else will probably go ahead with Voracek + Green for Weber.
    Please let me know what you think.

Our league has 11 teams and we keep 6 players each year. Categories are g, a, +-, PPP, PIM, wins, gaa, sv %, shutouts. We have 2lw, 2c, 2rw, 4d, 2g and 4 bench players.

Thanks

My team:
    E. Staal, Seguin, Couture, Benn, Voracek, Backstrom, Perry, Eberle, E. Kane, M. Green, OEL, Yandle, Klingsberg, Rask, Bobrovsky, Bernier

Team owning Weber:
    Turris, Spezza, T. Johnson, Huberdeau, Filpulla, Vrbata, Palat, Moulson, Vanek, MacArthur, Weber, Wideman, Campbell, Franson, Fleury, Reimer, Hiller

Team owning Drouin:
    Tavares, Thornton, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Toffoli, Nyquist, Backes, Gaudreau, Drouin, Burns, Brodie, Chara, Krug, Despres, Pavelec, Rinne, Harding

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Weber trade

I don't like any of those options.
    Especially since in a points only league I'd much prefer Voracek over Weber on his own, let alone adding in Green.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Ya, I would rather hold onto Voracek and Green. Weber's name value overrates him a bit.

Hercules

I’d have my keepers on your team:
    Seguin, Benn, Perry, Rask, Voracek, Couture. You literally have 4 players that go in the first 2 rounds, Voracek who has become a PPG guy, and couture who’s taken the reigns of SJS. You also have a 0.9PPG option in Backstrom too. All your options are on the top PP line too. I don’t see why you want to trade Voracek + for Weber. Weber is a solid D, but not worth it. You have Green, OEL, Yandle, and now Klingsberg who are all on the top PP line also.

Don’t trade by yourself, because it seems right now you’re not seeing the value in your guys. To have 4 (maybe 5) guys to get PPG potential as keepers, who are all young is insane. Then to have the best Keeper goalie in the league as your last keeper.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Rookie

ok I was thinking of swinging this deal because I have played too many games for RW position and that this might be the best time to trade Voracek...
    Maybe I should focus on dealing Eberle instead.

For my keepers for next season, I was thinking Seguin, Benn, Perry, Rask, Bobrovsky and one of Voracek or Couture as my last keeper. I would keep 2 goalies because most managers kept 2 and there aren't many solid goalie options come draft day... Who would you rather keep, Voracek or Couture?

Dobber Sports Rookie

another option would be to think big and go after Tavares (team owning Drouin) and to forget about Weber.
    Ideally, I would keep Benn, Seguin, Perry, Rask and Bobrovsky.
    Therefore, Voracek, Couture, Staal, Backstrom, E. Kane, Eberle, Green, OEL, Yandle and Klingsberg would be in play.
    Would a combination of Backstrom and Voracek get it done (fair offer or is that giving too much?) or would you offer some other combination of players?
    Thanks,