Thread: draft goalie help

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default draft goalie help

I am in a 1 year H2H league and have pick 9 out of 10 in a snake draft. I was thinking of going with back to back goalie picks with my first two, but we pick TEAM goalies.
    We us Wins, GAA, Save % and shots

Looking for any feedback based on those categories, I was thinking of going with Det. then S.J. although I can bank on the person with pick 10 picking a goalie as well. And if the person with pick 10 takes either of those two, either going with N.J., Van., N.Y.R., or Dall.
    THanks for any advice in advance!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dobber Sports Genius

Solid strategy to take a pair of tenders in my opinion. Check to make sure how the overall scoring in your league worked last year. In my league, we don\'t have extended stats and goalies are consistently among the top point producers in the league. I would draft G & W with my first picks. Then perhaps in the fifth or sixth or seventh round I\'d take some centres. There is a lot more choice available in the middle. It is possible to find a centre on the rise a little later, but all the good wings & goalies will be gone. The last spot I would fill up is blueline. Do yourself a favour, if you find that one of the positions on your team is softer than you like, don\'t over compensate by selecting a player to fill your roster out (moving him up in the draft). I can almost guarantee you that this will be regretted later (speaking from experience). If you\'re allowed, and you take two goalies early, don\'t be afraid to take a premier stopper for a third time. Guaranteed you\'ll have someone knocking on your door later. No one else in the league would have this special resource and you should be able to \"sell high\", thereby resolving some of the problems that come along later.

Detroit is an excellent team option, but Osgood certainly isn\'t one of the elite stoppers I would take way up on the first round. He\'s more the sleeper kind that I would wonder if he was available down in the 8th - 10th round. If you are picking \"teams\", then obviously Detroit is a very hot pick.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

NYhockey - so your plan is to take a set of team goalies at 9 and another set at 12? And you think the guy behind you will take a set as well?

the problem with Detroit is that you get a low Saves count and likely a slightly higher than you would like SV%. Osgood and Conks will give you Wins and GAA thats for sure. I like the set but would risk taking them with your 2nd pick not your fist and going with SJ first - I think the chances may be greater that you get the two teams you want.

This is close - I really like NJ here and then NYR and Canucks after that. Frankly if I was going to bet some money this year I would put it on Luongo - could be wrong but I like his chances of finding his numbers form 2 seasons ago.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

as hard as this is to say I wouldn\'t be forgetting the Pens either. solid offense, not a flashy D but they showed they can get the job done and if fleury can keep on the path he was on he could very well have the most wins by years end. when was the last time he lost at home? aside from the playoffs I think it was in november? the kid is looking like he is showing why he was taken 1st overall.

could be a bit risky but I like the chances of them winning more games than the rags, the nucks and possibly even the sharks. detroit, well that may be another matter but how many teams have won the cup and then taken a step back in the last bunch of years. not saying they will miss the playoffs of course but maybe they aren\'t as dominant this year as last. the Pens will be hungry.
    H2H Points
    Protect- roster:18 + prospects:7
    F- Tavares, M.Richards, Lecavalier, Kovalchuk, Horton, Hossa, Purcell, Hartnell, Pominville, Simmonds
    D- Doughty, Hedman, Boyle, Meszaros, Wideman
    G- Fleury, Halak, Vokoun

Prospects-
    F- Bowman, Coyle, Adam, Zibenajad, Geoffrion
    D- Savard, Wishart
    G- Hackett, Jones

Dobber Sports Genius

if you realy want to go out on a limb price and halak could be real good sleeper picks , but you can\'t go wrong with ossie and conklin.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack