Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Recover 'lost' threads?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Recover 'lost' threads?

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Everyone on the forum would have withdrawn their loyalty to the NHL... until the end of the lockout when they would have returned like nothing happened.
    At the very least. I still think if we would have had to go an entire 12 months without the NHL, the internet would be a very different place, if it still existed afterwards. I mean we handled ourselves matur.....well, all things considered, but we did arrive at the train wreck days only a month in. It doesn't bear contemplating too deeply on what levels we would have sunk to by say April....

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    It doesn't bear contemplating too deeply on what levels we would have sunk to by say April....
    The human body can be surprisingly resilient to most street drugs...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    The human body can be surprisingly resilient to most street drugs...
    The NHL is the most addictive substance known to man, as well as toxic. As exhibit A for point #2 I give you....

Oh wait, I just proved your point. That's not a drug, but still, point to ED. Carry on....

Banned

Dobber Sports Master

I liked the lock-out... I finally got to stop pretending to be normal.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Dobber, I remember when there were issues with the site last year that I think you mentioned that you'd try to recover as many of the threads as possible but some may be gone? I don't suppose there is a possibility of a thread that appears to be gone (I did a few searches and came up empty) but can somehow still be recovered? If it's possible, please let me know and I'll send you a PM. I'm posting this as a thread in case others are interested as well. Thanks.
    I believe anything between about Nov 2013 & mid-Feb-2014 that was in the hockey forum area is gone.
    I had asked Dobber if my 10,000th post (mid-Dec 2013) could be recovered and he said it was gone with the forum switch.

Other posts outside of that range that you search for are still there, but many don't come in the "search"... I don't know why.
    Hope that helps.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Hell we're rolling here why stop now....

The Wolverine

I came on to see a lot of replies and got my hopes up. Then I read them and realised most didn't have anything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    I believe the db that those old thread were on is now gonzo.
    I hope those that started before the issues are still there somewhere, even if the posts during that period are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I believe anything between about Nov 2013 & mid-Feb-2014 that was in the hockey forum area is gone.
    I had asked Dobber if my 10,000th post (mid-Dec 2013) could be recovered and he said it was gone with the forum switch.

Other posts outside of that range that you search for are still there, but many don't come in the "search"... I don't know why.
    Hope that helps.
    This helps thanks, and hopefully Dobber will find this thread soon. It's a thread that had been going on for awhile - one I started in the lounge - but the search doesn't bring up anything.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post

Hope that helps.
    Yes, this is correct. And even the ones that I could have recovered - weren't all of them. I remember being so disappointed that I couldn't get the awesome prospect one from January that Brendan (Dean Youngblood) started, his Q and A. That one was gone.

But with my server change, the rest of them are gone now too. Pengwin's got it for the most part. I did restore I think the General Hockey chat section and I think the keeper league D section. But the other hockey sections are gone.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Yes, this is correct. And even the ones that I could have recovered - weren't all of them. I remember being so disappointed that I couldn't get the awesome prospect one from January that Brendan (Dean Youngblood) started, his Q and A. That one was gone.

But with my server change, the rest of them are gone now too. Pengwin's got it for the most part. I did restore I think the General Hockey chat section and I think the keeper league D section. But the other hockey sections are gone.
    Thanks, I just found it. I had to try different types of searches. Not sure if some of the searches don't give complete results, as Pengwin mentioned.