Thread: CJ Anderson

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default CJ Anderson

Is there any reason why I wouldn't use my #1 waiver claim on him?

Yahoo! Research trends show him as a major add across leagues.
    I've got a very questionable RB set:

RB1 Joique Bell
    RB2 Ben Tate
    sub Steven Jackson

This is an easy decision, yes?
    Will he be the RB1 in Denver going forward?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: CJ Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Is there any reason why I wouldn't use my #1 waiver claim on him?

Yahoo! Research trends show him as a major add across leagues.
    I've got a very questionable RB set:

RB1 Joique Bell
    RB2 Ben Tate
    sub Steven Jackson

This is an easy decision, yes?
    No idea man. I think he's worth the add, but Montee cut weight by like 12 pounds while he was injured. In football, that can make all the difference. Montee was strugling because he couldn't get to the edge on outside runs fast enough in the Denver offense. As we've seen with Le'Veon Bell this season, the 12 pounds literally can be the difference between making that edge and not. It's really a toss up at this point.

No. Ball is close to returning and Hillman should be absent only two games with mid-foot sprain. Hillman definitely proved to be more effective than Ball and faced much more dominant defenses. Anderson's performance while great was against a shaky Raiders defense. His YPC is solid enough, but his snap count will be questionable at best when all three are healthy.

As far as WW, depends on your needs? But he's no RB1 or RB2 if that's what you are seeking.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well shee-it.
    Thought I had solved my RB woes...
    I'm still using the damn claim!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Well shee-it.
    Thought I had solved my RB woes...
    I'm still using the damn claim!!!
    Well, in all honesty he could produce in week 11, but I would feel better advocating his wares were it a PPR league. Ball was wholly ineffective prior to his injury, and may have to have his reps monitored outta the gate because it was a groin related issue (Ball's ball, as it were). As far as him being better cuz he lost weight, it's possible but I'm not buying it. Ball shouldn't need to get to the edges, Opposing defenses respect the hell out of Manning and his spread attack. Consequently they present light boxes in order to cover the receivers. Hillman proved to be a much more effective interior runner and versatile producer against better defenses such as the Cardinals, Jets, Chargers, and 49ers. Anderson was successful versus the Raiders, demonstrating versatility which is key cuz it keeps him involved throughout the game.

Hell, Ball could be the odd back out here once Hillman returns. Point being if you want Anderson for this next week, fine, but if you're asking whether he'll be lead back moving forward my answer is no. Also consider, any Manning RB is by default a RB2 across fantasy formats. so that's your starting point.

Bryce Brown is another similar option.

So
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Prodigy

This whole Bronco situation looks like a 3 way committee. only thing Anderson has going for him is what Moreno had going for him last year. he can block. and as much as the Broncos pass there is lanes for a RB that can get past the 1st arm tackle. that was where Ball was not cutting it early on in the year, he was getting took down by the 1st arm tackler. Hillman was better at evading that arm and getting into the wide open lane. Anderson (I know it was the Raiders but..) hit that lane and made you have to real tackle him. that might be a better fit for this team. I don't think he is any worse than Moreno and we seen the stats he put up last year. but, once again you have a 1 in 3 chance of choosing the right guy. but the upside is outrageous. that being said, if I had to use him this week I would steer clear and go with someone else.