Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sell high on Voracek?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Sell high on Voracek?

As always the answer is yes sell him high if you're getting back more than you think he will produce going forward. Of course this answer is generic, and useless, as the challenge is determining what is actually "selling high".

Personally I own Voracek and see him as an emerging star. Points to consider:

1. He was drafted #7 overall so has a solid pedigree.
    2. He's 25 and so is entering the prime of his scoring years.
    3. He's bolted to Giroux, a top-notch player in his own right.
    4. His career best for points is 62 points.
    5. He's shooting at 11.9% this year, his career average is 10.3%

Here's how I interpret the data: He was due to have a career year given his consistent improvements, and age, and situation he's in. Given his previous high I projected him for 70-75 points before the season. His shooting percentage is only a tad higher than career and so while this pace is not maintainable I project him as a 70-75 point player going forward, which is 60-64 more points this season and a total of 78-82 on the season. Ultimately, I'd be willing to trade him for a guy that I project as 75-80 point player going forward. The problem here is that list is very short (only 7 were 80+ last season, only 13 were 75+), and the guys on that list have bigger name value and expectations than Voracek so the chances of swinging a deal that actually is selling high is going to be extremely difficult.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Stud

If you sit down and actually watch a Flyers game you will be surprised at how good Voracek looks. He and G are amazing together. I have the pair in my league and there is no way I'm moving him for any less than an extreme upgrade like Kane, Perry, Getzlaf.... The Flyers are going to try to outscore every team this year. They have nothing in net and their D is a bunch of pylons. The Flyers are fantasy gold this year if you are looking for points.

14 Team, Keep14 Farm5, 82GP Cap/Position
    Skaters: Points only, Goalies 2ptWin/3ptSO
    Start: 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,2G
    C- Crosby, Zibanejad, Couturier, Zacha, Frost
    LW- Marchand, Huberdeau, McTavish, Rackell, Kuzmenko
    RW- Konecny, Necas, Caufield, Jarvis, Lafreniere
    D- Hughes, Carlson, Werenski, Chychrun, Andersson, Dobson, Weegar
    G- Andersen, Merzlikins, Daccord, Jones
    Farm- Johnston, Foerster, Tarasov, Hutson, Reinbacher
    Picks-1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by theslymonkey View Post
    If you sit down and actually watch a Flyers game you will be surprised at how good Voracek looks. He and G are amazing together. I have the pair in my league and there is no way I'm moving him for any less than an extreme upgrade like Kane, Perry, Getzlaf.... The Flyers are going to try to outscore every team this year. They have nothing in net and their D is a bunch of pylons. The Flyers are fantasy gold this year if you are looking for points.
    I completely agree. Voracek almost always looks amazing in the games I watch. He and Giroux form arguably one of the top 5 duos in hockey (Getzlaf/Perry, Seguin/Benn, Sedin/Sedin, etc.).
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by am78 View Post
    Fair enough..LOL If we all agreed on Fantasy values, trades would never happen
    My point was simply this...Trade him If you can get a reliable ppg player BUT I saw him as a 70 pt player to begin this season with potential for 75 (Dobber had him at 70 pts ofr his prediction) And the problem with Voracek is often he tends to be slower out of the gate (13 pts in 30 last season and 5 pts in 10 the shortened season before that) Now that he has had a blazing start (and no I don't think he can maintain this pace) I think its reasonable to up what his season total would be by 5 pts..Hence why I think 75 pts and potential to get to 80 pts...He certainly has the pedigree. He was taken 5th overall and was stuck on a Hitchcok Columbus team ....On a side note, Jakub did say earlier this year that he believes he has an 80 pt season in him

From Rotoworld

Jakub Voracek believes he has an 80-point season in him.
    Voracek had 23 goals and 62 points in 82 games last season, although it's worth adding that he averaged nearly a point-per-game in the shortened season. Regardless, while he'd like to crack the 80-point mark, his greater focus is on being a great two-way defenseman. With that in mind, he wants to emulate Patrice Bergeron or Jonathan Toews more than Sidney Crosby or Evgeni Malkin.
    I am actually trying to get the Voracek owner in my league to trade him. I expect he will want too much.

Wow - just checked the draft and I drafted Skinner, Spezza, Iginla, Kesler and AP all ahead of Voracek.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    As always the answer is yes sell him high if you're getting back more than you think he will produce going forward. Of course this answer is generic, and useless, as the challenge is determining what is actually "selling high".

Personally I own Voracek and see him as an emerging star. Points to consider:

1. He was drafted #7 overall so has a solid pedigree.
    2. He's 25 and so is entering the prime of his scoring years.
    3. He's bolted to Giroux, a top-notch player in his own right.
    4. His career best for points is 62 points.
    5. He's shooting at 11.9% this year, his career average is 10.3%

Here's how I interpret the data: He was due to have a career year given his consistent improvements, and age, and situation he's in. Given his previous high I projected him for 70-75 points before the season. His shooting percentage is only a tad higher than career and so while this pace is not maintainable I project him as a 70-75 point player going forward, which is 60-64 more points this season and a total of 78-82 on the season. Ultimately, I'd be willing to trade him for a guy that I project as 75-80 point player going forward. The problem here is that list is very short (only 7 were 80+ last season, only 13 were 75+), and the guys on that list have bigger name value and expectations than Voracek so the chances of swinging a deal that actually is selling high is going to be extremely difficult.
    Completely agree with this and well said. I think you will have a hard time selling high unless you get a proven "star". Just enjoy the ride as I think he is legit this year.