Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Alex Galchenyuk

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Alex Galchenyuk

Quote Originally Posted by junyab View Post
    Haven't missed a game and I can tell you Chucky looks GOOD. He's definitely taken a good size leap this year. He's becoming more physically dominant, he's making plays that simply don't look like they're there, and he has Therrien's full confidence (in addition to his own).

I'd put his upside this year at 70pts, but 60ish is more likely. And I think he'll be very much like a Kopitar in 1-2 years.

Solid post.
    I haven't seen enough of him this season, only 1 or 2 games... but I agree he looks good.
    This was a perfect way to describe a player, what you see, what player he resembles to you, what you expect.
    So valuable for people looking for an opinion. Way to do it!

Really good stuff man! (some REP)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    **DYNASTY FULL KEEPER 25 ROSTER // 25 FARM CAP LEAGUE**
    Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Shots on Goal (SOG), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Face OFF % (FO%) Time on Ice (TOI), HITS and BLKS**

Q: Am I wrong to be hesitant to give up Galchenyuk in a deal to get Malkin. The Malkin owner insists it would be Galchenyuk ++. I am fine with the other pieces (no matter what they are) but my gut is telling me not to let Galchenyuk slip through my fingers. This goes against all of my own trading rules/guidelines. Yes of course you give up potential for proven players, right?
    Are you looking to win? Malkin is always going to have the higher upside, but with injuries being such an issue with him it comes down to how much of a gambler are you? If Gally can become a fairly consistent 70 point player (and I think he can), there are going to be some years where he outscores Malkin. There will also be years where Geno outscores him by 20 points.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    **DYNASTY FULL KEEPER 25 ROSTER // 25 FARM CAP LEAGUE**
    Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Shots on Goal (SOG), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Face OFF % (FO%) Time on Ice (TOI), HITS and BLKS**

Q: Am I wrong to be hesitant to give up Galchenyuk in a deal to get Malkin. The Malkin owner insists it would be Galchenyuk ++. I am fine with the other pieces (no matter what they are) but my gut is telling me not to let Galchenyuk slip through my fingers. This goes against all of my own trading rules/guidelines. Yes of course you give up potential for proven players, right?
    I'd give up Galchenyuk in a second to get Malkin. And as I already said earlier in this thread, I'm a big Galchenyuk supporter. You ALWAYS have to get the star player when the opportunity comes up, not the player that "may" someday be a star. And even then, Galchenyuk will never be the player that Malkin is right now (i.e., a player capable of putting up 110+ pts).
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I'd give up Galchenyuk in a second to get Malkin. And as I already said earlier in this thread, I'm a big Galchenyuk supporter. You ALWAYS have to get the star player when the opportunity comes up, not the player that "may" someday be a star. And even then, Galchenyuk will never be the player that Malkin is right now (i.e., a player capable of putting up 110+ pts).
    Within reason of course. Malkin is definitely that though. He's a star that has consistently shown he can be a star. Gally is breaking out nicely but there is no guarantee its a consistent play (although I'd bet heavily on it being more of the norm). Perfect time to sell high on gally and buy lower on Malkin
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Banned

He looks fantastic this season, some of the moves and passes he's made this season force you to double-take. I think it's a combination of confidence, conditioning and opportunity that is at work with him, he's just starting to emerge as the talented player we've been waiting for.

I mainly stick to NHL.com for my raw numbers and he's averaging 16:10 a game with 1:57 PP which is 4th on the team which is about average for a team like Montreal that spreads the ice time around much more and rolls with more of a top 9 than they do a top 6 or true #1 line. If you compare him to guys in similar formats he's comparable...Vanek: 16:36, Lucic: 16:19, Nyqvist: 16:49, etc. I expect that if he continues to play this well his ice time will continue to rise accordingly.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...Name=timeOnIce