Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which player continues their hot start? and why?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Which player continues their hot start? and why?

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Never made it past 3rd grade math huh?

LOL!

Back to the OP, I think Carter is the easy choice simply because he has already shown he can produce consistently at this pace.

As far as a dark horse goes, I like Mason Raymond to keep up a similar pace. He is logging tons of icetime and getting lots of offensive opportunities.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    You're an idiot mcgoo
    I'm the idiot?

Even assuming Colborne does nothing to improve on last season's performance (his 1st NHL season btw):

28pts x 4 = 112pts
    Carter's career year came 6 years ago playing 1st line with Richards in Philly (84pts), the best he's done since is pts in the 60s

You're the ****ing idiot

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think it's Jeff Carter. He has produced in the past on his own, on different teams. He's on a deep team playing on the second line which means he'll likely face lesser competition than Kopitar's line (especially when Gaborik is back). Carter established That 70's Line in the playoffs with Pearson and Toffoli, rode it to a cup and their chemistry has carried over to this season.

Beleskey could continue to produce until Maroon comes back, I just don't see it continuing after that, not to mention Boudreau loves changing up lines it seems and it could be Smith-Pelley on the top line tomorrow or some other unknown that Getzlaf and Perry turn into a fantasy darling. But as long as he's on that line, he's got a ton of relevance and will deliver in many stat categories.

Calgary is bad and I don't see Raymond or Colborne keeping it up. Raymond did this last season in Toronto, if I'm not mistaken, and he cooled off mightily.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'm the idiot?

Even assuming Colborne does nothing to improve on last season's performance (his 1st NHL season btw):

28pts x 4 = 112pts
    Carter's career year came 6 years ago playing 1st line with Richards in Philly (84pts), the best he's done since is pts in the 60s

You're the ****ing idiot
    It's too bad you've never heard of exaggeration. It's a really simple concept you should probably look in to sometime. Wouldn't expect a simpleton like you to understand though. That's ok.

Dobber Sports Stud

From that list the only player I have faith in keeping up their pace is Carter. Raymond has an outside shot, as axeman points out, but if I was betting on a horse it would definitely be Carter
    12 Team H2H (Daily) - Keep 10 + 5(Farm)
    4C/3LW/3RW/4D/3G/4Bench/3IR
    G A Pts +/- STP GWG SOG/ W Sv% GAA SHO
    Centers:
    A. Barkov (IR), C. McDavid, J. Carter, Y. Gourde(LW), N. Paul(LW), C. Stephenson
    LWs:
    F. Forsberg, J. Guentzel, A. Duclair(RW), E. Haula(C), A. Killorn
    RWs:
    N. Ehlers(LW), V. Tarasenko, F. Gaudreau(C), V. Podkolzin
    D:
    T. Chabot, C. Makar, M. Dumba, OEL, N. Schmidt
    G:
    S. Bobrovky, T. Demko, J. Gibson(IR), A. Stolarz(IR)
    Farm:
    J. Annunen, A. Kaliyev, A. Lundell, F. Lysell, M. Rossi

Banned

It's too bad you've never heard of exaggeration. It's a really simple concept you should probably look in to sometime. Wouldn't expect a simpleton like you to understand though. That's ok.
    Oh puuuuhhhhhlease, exaggeration? Ya, uh huh, sure bub, that's what you were doing...imbecile
    Carter will be lucky to score twice as many points as Colborne, never-mind four

do yourself a couple big favors phoenixdog:

1)go with Carter
    2)don't ever listen to anything rataylor has to say, those who do drop IQ points like they've been huffing paint

Dobber Sports Demi-God

mcgoo/rataylor - sorry... love you both... but slapped you both with infraction warnings for the name-slinging.
    new forum policy.
    try to keep it clean guys.

Oh puuuuhhhhhlease, exaggeration? Ya, uh huh, sure bub, that's what you were doing...imbecile
    Carter will be lucky to score twice as many points as Colborne, never-mind four

do yourself a couple big favors phoenixdog:

1)go with Carter
    2)don't ever listen to anything rataylor has to say, those who do drop IQ points like they've been huffing paint
    Uh. If he's planning on not listening to me per point 2, then he would have to not go with Carter per point 1. So now you're just making yourself look....not great lol. Should I repost that video again? Nah just scroll up a few posts and watch it again.

GOOD JOB! GOOD EFFORT! Really bad execution though.

Banned

Uh. If he's planning on not listening to me per point 2, then he would have to not go with Carter per point 1. So now you're just making yourself look....not great lol. Should I repost that video again? Nah just scroll up a few posts and watch it again.

GOOD JOB! GOOD EFFORT! Really bad execution though.
    He's not listening to you, he's listening to much smarter folks who already answered the question before you jumped in, mimicked it and then started talking nonsense about Carter's upcoming Art Ross winning season
    Go away already, you're an embarrassment to yourself and the forums.

He's not listening to you, he's listening to much smarter folks who jumped in, mimicked and then started talking nonsense about Carter's upcoming Art Ross winning season
    Go away already, you're embarrassment to yourself and the forums.
    Lol @ this statement coming from you. But good try bub.

Dobber Sports Stud

16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik