Thread: andre holmes or brendon lefell or neither

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default andre holmes or brendon lefell or neither

10 team ppr 1qb, 3 wr, 2 rb, 1 flex

lefell vs nyj
    holmes vs stl

i'm planning to start

q: brady vs nyj
    wr: bryant vs nyg, michael floyd @oak, .....??
    rb: bradshaw vs cin, b. oliver vs kc
    flex: e. lacy vs car

bench:

roethlisberger vs hou
    wright @was
    b. quick vs sea
    k. allen vs kc
    z. stacy vs sea

should i drop wright for holmes of lefell, or should i stick with what i have and start either wright or allen. thanks.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: andre holmes or brendon lefell or neither

Quote Originally Posted by jekel101 View Post
    10 team ppr 1qb, 3 wr, 2 rb, 1 flex

lefell vs nyj
    holmes vs stl

i'm planning to start

q: brady vs nyj
    wr: bryant vs nyg, michael floyd @oak, .....??
    rb: bradshaw vs cin, b. oliver vs kc
    flex: e. lacy vs car

bench:

roethlisberger vs hou
    wright @was
    b. quick vs sea
    k. allen vs kc
    z. stacy vs sea

should i drop wright for holmes of lefell, or should i stick with what i have and start either wright or allen. thanks.

I have Lafell and Holmes doing well again this week myself (particularly Lafell). I would start either over all of your other WR's except Bryant. cutting people now is another story as I like Lafell and Holmes more for this week than the season.

I would personally bench Michael Floyd and start Quick and Keenan Allen over him.

I like Lafell and Holmes but I think Quick and Allen do their jobs this week 2. so I would probably sit still as I like those 2 more for the season. and I think Wright will still come through this year also although I would not play him this week.

I think you need to be worrying about RB because Stacy is not the 3rd back you hoped for. that is where I would make some kind of move if there was anyione out there on waivers. if you give me a example of your WW I would be more than happy to give my opinion.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbersnest View Post
    I have Lafell and Holmes doing well again this week myself (particularly Lafell). I would start either over all of your other WR's except Bryant. cutting people now is another story as I like Lafell and Holmes more for this week than the season.

I would personally bench Michael Floyd and start Quick and Keenan Allen over him.

I like Lafell and Holmes but I think Quick and Allen do their jobs this week 2. so I would probably sit still as I like those 2 more for the season. and I think Wright will still come through this year also although I would not play him this week.

I think you need to be worrying about RB because Stacy is not the 3rd back you hoped for. that is where I would make some kind of move if there was anyione out there on waivers. if you give me a example of your WW I would be more than happy to give my opinion.
    Thanks for the advice, unfortunately I already dropped wright for Holmes. Last week I dropped Lamar miller for Oliver thinking that his production would decline with the return of Moreno. That was a bad move, should've dropped wright for Oliver instead. The ww is very thin for rb: Doug Martin, Khiry Robinson, Isaiah Crowell, bobby Rainey, Bernard pierce.

I forgot to mention that I have josh Gordon on my bench as well.

On a side note, someone just offered me roddy white and cj spiller for Michael Floyd. Is this a good deal? Who would I drop if I accept it? Thanks for the help.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by jekel101 View Post
    Thanks for the advice, unfortunately I already dropped wright for Holmes. Last week I dropped Lamar miller for Oliver thinking that his production would decline with the return of Moreno. That was a bad move, should've dropped wright for Oliver instead. The ww is very thin for rb: Doug Martin, Khiry Robinson, Isaiah Crowell, bobby Rainey, Bernard pierce.

I forgot to mention that I have josh Gordon on my bench as well.

On a side note, someone just offered me roddy white and cj spiller for Michael Floyd. Is this a good deal? Who would I drop if I accept it? Thanks for the help.

Well at least you get Holmes for this week. and maybe for the year. his last 2 games have been impressive and he has another nice matchup this week.

Yeah Miller was not to be dropped if Moreno was healthy. Moreno had that freak 1st game (although many forget Miller had a good 1 himself) and they thought it was the Moreno on the Broncos. 2 different places. Moreno was in for passing downs and Miller was always gonna be the consistant fantasy producer. but, Oliver did his job so you survived that.

I think Doug Martin should be on a team myself.

You are a Josh Gordon holder huh? IMo that has been a many of fantasy leaguers mistake. you would still have Miller had you not been hoping a guy who has not played all year will get the stas he got last year ona team that did not compete so junk yardage everywhere. this year the Browns contend and they have other good recievers. I could be wrong. I hope he blows up and you laugh all the way to the bank with him.

White and Spiller would of been a automatic earlier in the year. all sides have been not been what we hoped. Spiller looks like Fred Jacksons handcuff now and White has not looked the same since his injury last year. at the same time Floyd has had a couple good games then a bunch of stinkers. his QB has not been healthy and he has been nicked. I would probably just not make this deal as it is close but if I had to choose a side I would take White and Spiller.

Dobber Sports Giant

I'd definitely keep Floyd over White+Spiller. CJ Spiller is a non-factor right now, and Roddy White looks old in a 1-dimensional offense. I doubt Atlanta can support two top-20 WRs especially when so much of the work is going to Julio. Michael Floyd is the #1 WR in Arizona, and with Carson Palmer "healthy" now, I'm quite bullish on Floyd's ROS prospects. Great buy-low candidate right now, don't sell him short.

I think you made a good move dropping Kendall Wright for Andre Holmes; at least there is some real upside with Holmes. Wright is a vanilla PPR guy who hasn't shown much in the way of yardage this. Few catches, some yards here and there, but the random TDs really buoyed his value after a couple weeks ago vs. Cleveland. Nothing to see here with Wright, sadly.

Sucks that you lost out on Lamar Miller. Not very often you can say that you dropped a top-10 RB to the waiver wire halfway through the season. That's a brutal beat, dude. Sorry.

Anyway, I'd start Holmes as your third WR this week. I really like the matchup, and his production over the past couple weeks doesn't lie. He's a legit deep threat, and he's getting the bulk of the targets over James Jones. Derek Carr may not be Aaron Rodgers, but he's a quality passer and he can support one or two fantasy-viable WRs in that offense, especially if they're going to be airing it out all game.

Isaiah Crowell really interests me, too. I might drop Stacy for him at this point, just as a speculative stash / upside play. If (when) Tate gets injured again, Crowell instantly becomes a must-start fantasy option in that Browns offense, and he's showed some dynamic skills in limited touches. Crowell is the star RB on that team, and it's only a matter of time before he's getting full workloads. It's pretty much just a question of when Tate gets hurt again ...

Good luck.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin