Banned

Default Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    One person's opinion in one field.
    Out of curiousity:
    1) What University did you attend?
    2) What field did you study?

I second doulos statement.
    From my experience and from how I know my colleagues to be succeeding, the Science/Math/Computers programs at U.Waterloo is a top tier program.
    In fact, Bill Gates visits a handful of Universities to recruit... Waterloo being one.
    Went to Athabasca due to the fact I went to uni after taking a few years off and with other comittments I couldn't go full time school. But its a piece of cake.
    field is management/marketing/finance

But let me tell ya when I went to school in Amsterdam to what would be equivalent as college here (I was 18 when I went there) was MUCH more difficult than the university here.

I don't know why such a big difference but based on personal experience, I prefer the situation back home

Hercules

Happy Tryptophan Tuesday everyone! I’m thankful for this work day almost being over so I can have a nap

Dobber Sports Deity

Mmmm, leftover turkey sammiches!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Went to Athabasca due to the fact I went to uni after taking a few years off and with other comittments I couldn't go full time school. But its a piece of cake.
    field is management/marketing/finance

But let me tell ya when I went to school in Amsterdam to what would be equivalent as college here (I was 18 when I went there) was MUCH more difficult than the university here.

I don't know why such a big difference but based on personal experience, I prefer the situation back home
    Your experience does not appear to match what the world rankings seem to suggest. It's unfortunate you had that experience, but it's likely not reflective of the average experience.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Your experience does not appear to match what the world rankings seem to suggest. It's unfortunate you had that experience, but it's likely not reflective of the average experience.
    it might be due to the fact that the entire schooling system is much different back home, and since I grew up with that obviously I prefer that

Also if I talk to most people here they only seem to have knowledge of north American matters (history for example) for the most part.

I wish I could move back home to have my kids go through the education there.

But again, just personal preference

Dobber Sports Ninja

Meh, no need to know all that dusty European history anyways.