Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hedman

Banned

Default Re: Hedman

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    Hedman shining and Subban invisible tonight......he showed up/outplayed Karlsson the other night too.
    Subban just got undressed by get this...Ryan Callahan. Habs are a joke tonight, they're hanging the goalie out to dry

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    You know I'm as big a Karlsson fan as there is outside of Ottawa... but come on. Karlsson is a big fish in a little pond with limited toys to play with. He'll still be in the high-60's, low-70's because he's a modern day Coffey but Hedman has Stamkos and others to thrive off of. If Karlsson played with Stamkos he'd score 85 points a year but he doesn't.

Karlsson is indeed King until someone steals the crown. All I'm saying is I wouldn't be surprised if Hedman is the one to do it soon.
    Karlsson will be near PPG as always. Doesn't matter who else is on the team and spezza leaving doesn't change a thing as far as he is concerned.

i don't think he would score any more points with stamkos or crosby or whoever to be perfectly honest. its the same as a guy like crosby playing with Kunitz and whoever.

Hedman is like a Getzlaf compared to Karlsson as a crosby as far the points standings will go.

hedman has stamkos. After that, pretty standard.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post

Hedman is like a Getzlaf compared to Karlsson as a crosby as far the points standings will go.
    hmmm, I don't agree with much that Ev says but this is about right. Karlsson is a step above (as far as points go), there's no one else at his level

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Karlsson is a step above (as far as points go), there's no one else at his level
    YET. I think that's what is being discussed here. Somebody will always be at the top, until they are simply not at the top anymore.

Dobber Sports Legend

Karlsson will be near PPG as always. Doesn't matter who else is on the team and spezza leaving doesn't change a thing as far as he is concerned.
    Well, he's got pedigree on his side. Proven multi 70 pointer. I just have a feeling there might be a slight adjustment period without Spezza and with him getting the C. The Sens don't really scare anyone offensively but Karlsson will be their main weapon for sure. He's still the top dog until someone steps up and proves they can produce at his level. No doubt.

i don't think he would score any more points with stamkos or crosby or whoever to be perfectly honest. its the same as a guy like crosby playing with Kunitz and whoever.
    Oh I definitely do. Put him on the Ducks with Getzlaf and Perry and he'd break 80 points a year. I'd bet my life on it. He's such an incredible creator and there's so many times his teammates just can't bury his gifts. I'm not saying he'd go from 75 to 100 but he'd go from 75 to 85. Easily. The same way Crosby scores 115 playing with Kunitz. Give him Corey Perry and Sid would probably score 130-140. Hell, I think he'll have a career year now that Hornqvist gives him another talented shooter.

You could certainly be right. My money is still on EK65. But if I'm picking a contender right now, it's Hedman. Over Subban, Weber, Letang, Pietrangelo, Doughty, Ekman-Larsson, etc.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Banned

See I disagree about Crosby being any better with other linemates. I think it's already been proven that he wouldn't be better with stars on his wings. He wants the puck, he controls everything. Just like Karlsson. These guys make others better, they don't get inflated points by playing with others.

like I said I like Hedman but this is is just early season hot streak returns.

Dobber Sports Master

Keep kicking myself for trading Hedman early last season. I did get Trouba out of it, but the TB blueliner has become an absolute stud. Damn!

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Banned

See I disagree about Crosby being any better with other linemates. I think it's already been proven that he wouldn't be better with stars on his wings. He wants the puck, he controls everything. Just like Karlsson. These guys make others better, they don't get inflated points by playing with others.
    2 for 2 Ev, I agree again

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hedman will do well buy its early and Tampa bay will have a cold patch sooner than later. Let's hope for 60 points

Dobber Sports Legend

Well, let's say Karlsson is the King. Who do you pick as the next best offensive defenseman today... assuming you could pick anyone? Hedman has to be in the conversation.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Ninja

and I'll disagree with you. If you put the "right" stars with Crosby, he gains points. It has to be the right type of complimentary player. Obviously, as you say Crosby controls the play, but if a smart complimentary player were to be found, Crosby could hit for many more points. Case in point, Gretzky and Kurri, Hull and Oates, all outstanding players, but put them together and it's magic. My $0.05
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Padawan

There's a lot of delicious kool air going around. I wonder when it will run out...

But there's good reason for it. Hedman is a stud, but it's only been 3 (fantastic) games. He's bound to slow down at some point, no?
    Yahoo! H2H, Daily Starts, Min 3 G starts/Week, Max 2 Pick Ups/Week.

1 Year,12 Team
    G, A, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

2 C: JT Miller, Giroux
    3 W: B. Tkatchuk, Toffoli, S. Reinhart
    4 D: Hamilton, Heiskanen, Nurse, Sanheim
    2 G: Venecek, Jarry
    4 BN: Wilson, Nelson, Svechnikov, Barkov
    2 IR: Meier

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I couldn't trade this bloke 2 years ago (and I tried hard to) Pretty happy nobody wanted him now lol

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Subban just got undressed by get this...Ryan Callahan. Habs are a joke tonight, they're hanging the goalie out to dry
    Loved it........I'm a huge Callahan fan and owner. I'm absolutely loving him riding shotgun with Stamkos and getting all that PP1 time, he's looking great in Tampa this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
    I couldn't trade this bloke 2 years ago (and I tried hard to) Pretty happy nobody wanted him now lol
    Like they say, sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Well, let's say Karlsson is the King. Who do you pick as the next best offensive defenseman today... assuming you could pick anyone? Hedman has to be in the conversation.
    Well in terms of pure points I think he will still have to beat out Keith at least this year.

In terms of talent doughty is probably the second bet offensive dman but his situation isn't good for points.

And then you have weber who put up 56 points last year playing on a bad team and looks even better this season.

He he is in the conversation but I'd be hesitant to say he is a lock to finish Top 2. He very well could.

to answer your question, doughty.