Thread: FNMT...

Dobber Sports Star

Default FNMT...

So, with only one game in the NHL tonight (Boo...), I find myself with a day off work and not much in the way of hockey to get me excited. Is it too early? Shall we start it off with a little Alice in Chains?

Rylant

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: FNMT...

Can't go through one of these without a little Tool...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Star

And a band that I didn't know much about. They recently opened for Alice in Chains, and I think they are pretty much awesome now... Monster Truck

Rylant

Dobber Sports Wizard

Never too early to get one of these going....

I love how this one rolls...and rocks

The Black Angels

Black Grease
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Wizard

Funky, bluesy, crunchy, and just what the doctor ordered.....

Dobber Sports Wizard

Another with some Nawlins flavor...

Vato (unfortunately edited)
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Icon

Interestingly, the first two bands Rylant posted I have seen live: Alice In Chains was the first band I ever saw perform live, and Tool was one of the best live shows I've been to (2006) - sadly only have seen them once.

I thought this would be all heavy stuff, but the last few blew it wide open.

Neko Case on vocals - she's pretty amazing (saw her live solo a year ago). One hell of a voice.

I'm getting my ass kicked in all my pools this week, so this is a nice distraction.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Nichushkin, Batherson, Sharangovich
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei, Forsling
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, But, G.Perreault, Morrow, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Star

I love it PD. The band isn't quite what I would normally listen to, but she does have a very unique voice. I will give it a few more listens.

OK, you brought it up. Let's talk about our favorite concerts.

My favorite song from A Perfect Circle. I love that A Perfect Circle is stuff that you couldn't quite see Tool perform, but at the same time, it is VERY Maynard. One of the best concerts I have ever seen.

Dobber Sports Star

I saw him in concert about 6 months before he died. Sadly, I didn't have the appreciation for him that I do today. RIP SRV...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Wizard

Hey PD no worries brother, this is an old school freestyle FNMT.

Here's a dude I got to see while I was down in Austin back at the end of May...

Little story about Bobby and that show. I caught him and his band, they were playing as a three-piece that night, at a new place on the north side of Austin. Up there the club, called The Roost, is wayyyy off the beaten track versus all the venues downtown. Being so far away from the trendy parts of Austin, also school still in session, and the club having only been open since New Years Eve(less than 5 months at that point), it turned into a private concert of sorts. At most there was never more than six people in the crowd at any one time during the show.

Normally Bobby Mack draws a good crowd, like I said not this night. Professional that he and his band are, they still stayed and did 2.5 hours. When he opened there were only four of us in the building other than staff. For the final set which was an hour and change it was just me, my mom who was the only other family member to even go to the show, and some other dude I don't remember his name(sorry bud). That was it, three people yet him and the band still tore it the f*** up. In between sets him and his bass player come out and sat down and just hung out and talked for probably half an hour, forty-five minutes. Hell his bass player Kim even bought me a beer! That was one of the best effing shows I've ever seen. So many bands, even small local ones, would have taken one look at that big 'ol empty club and said f*** it, not Bobby. They gave it everything they had. Since then he's vaulted to the top of the acts I would do whatever it took to go see live. Big time respect for them!!!

In that vein here's another one, live this time. If they ever come your way, Bobby Mack or Bobby Mack and Night Train, man do yourself a favor and go check out a band the plays their heart out, purely for the love of making great music.....

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I love that A Perfect Circle is stuff that you couldn't quite see Tool perform, but at the same time, it is VERY Maynard.
    Funny you mention that Rylant. Maynard has one other side project that couldn't be further from either APC or Tool....

That one cracks me up

This is new for me, but unfortunately I am not s as current with my tune-age as I used to be. Consequently, by the time new artists find me they're on their farewell tour.

Anywhoooooo.....

The Dead Weather, Will There Be Enough Water, mellow, bluesy, and rhythmic. One of my more fav Jack White side projects. Better sound than the Raconteurs...imo. Great deck-cold-beer-hot-sun kinda tune....

@SmittysRant