Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Alex Goligoski or Trevor Daley?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Alex Goligoski or Trevor Daley?

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I like Daley's sleeper potential but that's no reason to take him over Goligoski.
    This is what I was thinking.

Dobber Sports Padawan

So before preseason developments Dobber was calling for a possible sleeper 40-point season based on strong finish/playoffs, but with assumption he's 2nd fiddle to Goligoski. The fact Daley starts on the PP at end of pre-season with the Stars' top four forwards, 3 of them star/superstar calibre, makes me wonder. So I checked Dallas paper and found this dispatch from Monday: "Ruff has alternated Alex Goligoski and Trevor Daley as the defenseman, but he’s kept the four-man unit together for most of his special team practices. The veteran coach said he likes what he has seen from the talented group and believes the instincts of the players will guide the success of the unit." I guess that gives me a little more faith that Goli hasn't been demoted.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd try to nab Daley if you own Goligoski, just to be safe. He should be available on most waiver wires and then you don't miss out in case he does actually end up usurping Goli.