Thread: Who to drop to pickup Holtby?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Who to drop to pickup Holtby?

Team is in sig,

a guy dropped holtby for some reason, i have quick and elliot/allen tandem. who should i drop from my team to pick up holtby?
    leaning more towards jake allen.

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Who to drop to pickup Holtby?

Quote Originally Posted by turner90m View Post
    Team is in sig,

a guy dropped holtby for some reason, i have quick and elliot/allen tandem. who should i drop from my team to pick up holtby?
    how many goalies do you start? Weekly or daily line-ups? I think Holtby is in for a big year so I would definitely try and fit him in ....

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    how many goalies do you start? Weekly or daily line-ups? I think Holtby is in for a big year so I would definitely try and fit him in ....
    you CAN start 2 goalies per day.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by turner90m View Post
    Team is in sig,

Well:
    1. You should check scheduling and make sure you can get Holtby into your line-up. There is something on this site (somewhere) called the "Same Night Tool" which can help you determine how many nights ALL three of your goalies go for 2G spots: LA, STL, WAS. If you can get Holtby in for lots of starts, it may be worth it. But if you are looking at just 30/82 starts, probably not.

2. Look at your skaters. In most of my leagues, I spend 30min setting my roster for a month. I'll write down EVERY time I'm benching a player and WHO it is. Whoever shows up the most is a guy I can part with because I'm benching him a lot anyways. These are things that some GMs do that have a lot of value. By pure inspection, I'd say cut Vrbata (or try to trade Vrbata to the Sedins owners, assuming somebody snagged both!)

Add: Holtby
    Drop: Vrbata
    (if you have time, check the scheduling impact of this move)

Good luck.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Well:
    1. You should check scheduling and make sure you can get Holtby into your line-up. There is something on this site (somewhere) called the "Same Night Tool" which can help you determine how many nights ALL three of your goalies go for 2G spots: LA, STL, WAS. If you can get Holtby in for lots of starts, it may be worth it. But if you are looking at just 30/82 starts, probably not.

2. Look at your skaters. In most of my leagues, I spend 30min setting my roster for a month. I'll write down EVERY time I'm benching a player and WHO it is. Whoever shows up the most is a guy I can part with because I'm benching him a lot anyways. These are things that some GMs do that have a lot of value. By pure inspection, I'd say cut Vrbata (or try to trade Vrbata to the Sedins owners, assuming somebody snagged both!)

Add: Holtby
    Drop: Vrbata
    (if you have time, check the scheduling impact of this move)

Good luck.
    Thank you, will check out that tool.
    Also there is an owner with both sedins who expressed interest in Vrbata so i might be able to pull off something

Dobber Sports Expert

I would seriously think about dropping Allen for Holtby straight out. Take the gamble the Elliott will get the majority of the starts in STL. Might pay off nicely.