Thread: Matt Hackett knee injury

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Matt Hackett knee injury

https://twitter.com/BNHarrington/sta...22241956429824
    Amerks coach Chadd Cassidy just said Matt Hackett's knee injury will keep him out until at least December or January. #Sabres

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Matt Hackett knee injury

Just traded him away in my sig league a couple of weeks ago. Makes me feel a little better about moving him cause i've always been pretty high on him.

He needed to have a big year being on a one-year contract and he is at a ripe age to become an NHL'er. Enroth and Neuvirth are both UFA's next summer so he had a great opportunity but it looks like he's going to squander it at this point.

I...am your father.

Huge for Makarov, IMO
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Huge for Makarov, IMO
    Do you like Makarov > Ullmark at this point, Dobber?

At this point I was gonna guess:
    Ullmark > Makarov > Hackett > Lieuwen

I...am your father.

I sure do. Makarov is progressing great. Ullmark may have more upside, but he's too new. No body of work to go off

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Deity

Lieuwen is probably at or near the top of Buffalo's depth chart when it comes to future goalies. They love that kid there and think he's legit. Ullmark has already said he is going back to Sweden for another year so we wont see him until the following year.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Lieuwen is probably at or near the top of Buffalo's depth chart when it comes to future goalies. They love that kid there and think he's legit. Ullmark has already said he is going back to Sweden for another year so we wont see him until the following year.
    Did they loan him or did he say he's going back? Either way it's best for his development and the rest of the Sabres goalies. There's no sense in having two guys splitting in the AHL with the 3rd in the ECHL. Then Hackett comes back and makes things even more complicated haha.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    Did they loan him or did he say he's going back? Either way it's best for his development and the rest of the Sabres goalies. There's no sense in having two guys splitting in the AHL with the 3rd in the ECHL. Then Hackett comes back and makes things even more complicated haha.
    I read it earlier today somewhere but this is the only link I can find right now about him heading back:

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/538395

Though they didn't tender a qualifying offer to goaltender Connor Knapp this summer, with the likes of young puck stoppers Linus Ullmark, Nathan Lieuwen and Andrei Makarov in the fold, the Buffalo Sabres have a tonne of organizational depth between the pipes.

Even with Ullmark likely headed back to Sweden this fall, there's really only so many nets for a young goaltender to occupy between the ECHL, AHL and NHL levels.

The competition for playing time should be intense for Buffalo's minor league goaltenders, though it may be relaxed a bit due to Matt Hackett's continued convalescence. The 24-year-old goaltender injured his knee during a Sabres game in mid-April and isn't particularly close to returning to action according to Rochester Americans head coach Chadd Cassidy.

Despite his continued injury issues the Sabres tendered Hackett a two-way qualifying offer this June, which the goaltender - the nephew of former Chicago Blackhawks goaltender Jeff Hackett - accepted.

In 21 career NHL appearances, Hackett has managed a backup quality .912 save percentage. Hackett's career numbers in the AHL, over 168 games, are similarly underwhelming (.911). With lots of competition from any number of young netminders, there's enormous internal pressure on Hackett to both get healthy and play well this upcoming season.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Guru

I sure do. Makarov is progressing great. Ullmark may have more upside, but he's too new. No body of work to go off
    Ullmark was goalie of the year in SEL. No body of work to go off, really? That's a lot more than Makarov has done.

Also, too new? They're the same age.

Makarov would be the last of these Buffalo's goalie prospects if I had to rank them.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    Ullmark was goalie of the year in SEL. No body of work to go off, really? That's a lot more than Makarov has done.

Also, too new? They're the same age.

Makarov would be the last of these Buffalo's goalie prospects if I had to rank them.

I'm sorry, for some reason I thought Ullmark was a 2013 draftee (still one year younger than Makarov though). A couple of questions - can you direct me to the goalie of the year page for the SHL? I can't find it. Curious to see past winners. The Wiki Page for the SHL doesn't list a Goalie Award as one of SHL's trophies and googling it turns up nothing. Too new? Yes. Too new. One SHL season vs. several years of North American hockey which is MUCH easier to go off.

What I see is a young goalie who had a great season in the SHL behind arguably the best defensive system in the league with Modo. This young goalie did not make Team Sweden's WJC team - Dansk, Hogden and Johanssen did. And then I see Makarov, who made Team Russia and performed very well. Well versed in North American hockey and the rinks therein, Makarov put on a strong showing in the AHL at the end of the year over 10 games.

Makarov for me.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm sorry, for some reason I thought Ullmark was a 2013 draftee (still one year younger than Makarov though). A couple of questions - can you direct me to the goalie of the year page for the SHL? I can't find it. Curious to see past winners. The Wiki Page for the SHL doesn't list a Goalie Award as one of SHL's trophies and googling it turns up nothing. Too new? Yes. Too new. One SHL season vs. several years of North American hockey which is MUCH easier to go off.

What I see is a young goalie who had a great season in the SHL behind arguably the best defensive system in the league with Modo. This young goalie did not make Team Sweden's WJC team - Dansk, Hogden and Johanssen did. And then I see Makarov, who made Team Russia and performed very well. Well versed in North American hockey and the rinks therein, Makarov put on a strong showing in the AHL at the end of the year over 10 games.

Makarov for me.
    They are only 3 months apart in age actually.

Here are the goalies of the year: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honken_Trophy

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by letnry View Post
    They are only 3 months apart in age actually.

Here are the goalies of the year: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honken_Trophy
    Thanks, that's a beauty link - I don't know why I couldn't find it. I'm usually a good Googler if that's a word.

Stupid me - I saw Ullmark 20 and birthdate July and then saw Makarov 21. Brain is mush.

That list of goalies of the year - not impressed. Unless Ullmark is the next Lundqvist, I guess. Anything is possible. He's a good prospect. I still like Makarov.

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks, that's a beauty link - I don't know why I couldn't find it. I'm usually a good Googler if that's a word.

Stupid me - I saw Ullmark 20 and birthdate July and then saw Makarov 21. Brain is mush.

That list of goalies of the year - not impressed. Unless Ullmark is the next Lundqvist, I guess. Anything is possible. He's a good prospect. I still like Makarov.
    I'm glad that got at least somewhat cleared up, haha I didn't quite understand the "no body of work" comment but I refrained from getting worked up about it. We'll see what Ullmark can turn into, but he has a much better frame than Makarov does. Makarov has the slight advantage of already adapting his game to the North American ice which could pose some growing pains for Ullmark next season.

While there may not be a clear cut "goalie of the future" in this organization they're at least in a sort of enviable position. 3 (4 counting Hackett) good goalies competing for jobs and it looks like they got a good one in Jonas Johansson (2014, 61st overall).

Dobber Sports Deity

He appears to be healing nicely and quicker than expected.

https://twitter.com/BillHoppeNHL/sta...73343560798208

Matt Hackett in the ice in full equipment this morning. Doubt he'll practice. But it's been a very quick recovery for him.