Thread: Toronto Star VS Phil Kessel: The Steve Spott "Scandal"

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Toronto Star VS Phil Kessel: The Steve Spott "Scandal"

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Toronto Star VS Phil Kessel: The Steve Spott "Scandal"

Thanks for posting your article James. I'm not sure what to believe, but I think that there is some kernel of truth to what was written, but maybe you are right, it's written with scandalous slant to generate reads.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Deity

I found it hard to believe you could write that many words on such a meaningless topic.

Slow media day indeed!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

It isn't meaningless because scandalous "gotcha" journalism designed to hurt people and contribute nothing is a problem and allowed to proliferate because no one says anything about it. Probably it is too long though - live and learn.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Good piece.
    We are victims of this "gotcha" journalism even here on these forums.
    Sometimes somebody writes an incredible 1000-word post to help somebody gain some clarity on one of their fantasy players.
    Then JoeShmoe shows up, finds the one thing he can nitpick, quotes it... and goes to town on it.

Unfortunately, that's how it works today.
    People try to elevate themselves by finding whatever flaw they can... and then hammering on it until it's a dead horse.

Refreshing to have people call out those that feel they can get away with doing shit like this.
    Even the professionals.

Good work man, REP probably doesn't mean much, but I'm throwin' some at you.
    Well done.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I found it hard to believe you could write that many words on such a meaningless topic.

Slow media day indeed!
    The fact that so many words needed to be written about it shows that those who tried to make it dramatic in the first place accomplished their goals.

Hook, line, sinker!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

Interesting that this story develops only a few days after Tim Lieweke's outburst in the media about certain player(s) whose "numbers are off the charts good and whose character is just terrible".

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    Interesting that this story develops only a few days after Tim Lieweke's outburst in the media about certain player(s) whose "numbers are off the charts good and whose character is just terrible".
    Somewhere between both incidents it appears there was a missing memo telling everyone to try to not cause a stir over the next little while...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Good piece.
    We are victims of this "gotcha" journalism even here on these forums.
    Sometimes somebody writes an incredible 1000-word post to help somebody gain some clarity on one of their fantasy players.
    Then JoeShmoe shows up, finds the one thing he can nitpick, quotes it... and goes to town on it.

Unfortunately, that's how it works today.
    People try to elevate themselves by finding whatever flaw they can... and then hammering on it until it's a dead horse.

Refreshing to have people call out those that feel they can get away with doing shit like this.
    Even the professionals.

Good work man, REP probably doesn't mean much, but I'm throwin' some at you.
    Well done.

Thanks a lot. Much appreciated.