Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: If Ehlers was North American...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: If Ehlers was North American...

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Threads like this really make me worry. I had the 6th pick in my league's draft this year and fought between Nylander or Ehlers before finally deciding on Nylander. It was a super hard choice. I'm gonna be really bummed if it comes back to bite me.
    In my draft picks 5, 6,and 7 were Ehlers (my pick), Gaudreau, and Nylander (my pick) who I think all have similar upsides and don't see much seperation between them in terms of who is the better prospect. From what I have read and seen in highlights they are all having great prospect tournaments and I think it is a coin flip on who will end up be top offensive player of the three once they crack the line-up.
    10 Team Keeper League, 15 Keepers (max 2 goalies), 10 prospects, Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3 Utility, 4D, 2G

Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIMS, SOG, STP; W, SO, SV%, GAA

C: MacKinnon, Scheifele, Larkin, Pavelski (RW)
    LW Panarin, Ehlers , Ovechkin, Verhaeghe (C), Beauvillier, Killorn
    RW: Kucherov, Pastrnak, Wheeler, Mangiapane (LW)
    D: Makar, Hughes, Krug; Pietrangelo, Schmidt, Andersson, Gostibehere
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky

Prospects: Sorokin (G), Askarov (G), Raymond (LW), Kaliyev (RW), Perfetti (RW), Norris (C), Kaprizov (LW), Hayton (C), Brannstrom (D), Boqvist (D), Clarke (D)

Dobber Sports Genius

Well Ehlers certainly didn't hurt his stock at the young stars tournament in Penicton and by all accounts looked to be a tier or two above most of the players there.

Dobber Sports Stud

His skating is elite already and his hands are looking pretty amazing too...

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    Well Ehlers certainly didn't hurt his stock at the young stars tournament in Penicton and by all accounts looked to be a tier or two above most of the players there.
    By all accounts him and Gaudreau were the tourney's best players.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by vandalay View Post
    His skating is elite already and his hands are looking pretty amazing too...
    He's also pretty defensively adept. The Mooseheads used him on the PK regularily. Could improve his chances at a quick transition to the NHL. Although I don't expect him to be on the team this year.
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Here are the highlights from today. The kid is nasty.

He's got a shot too, wowee. Ehlers is going to be a wicked player. I really think this years draft was underrated by the time it was said and done. Ehlers is top line material without a doubt.

G - Murray, Grubauer

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by theIceWookie View Post
    He's got a shot too, wowee. Ehlers is going to be a wicked player. I really think this years draft was underrated by the time it was said and done. Ehlers is top line material without a doubt.
    I've been trying to tell people that before the draft even went through.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

The 1st round of this draft was fine. But it dropped off in a hurry after that.

Just one thing to nitpick from that video of Ehlers.....how many times did he almost fall over in that video? I know skating is one of his strong suits and looks great for the most part in the video, but the second he scores a goal he starts teeter-tottering around like a first year mite.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar