Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Seriously? Another NFL player charged for Domestic Violence

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Seriously? Another NFL player charged for Domestic Violence

https://twitter.com/tylerbaldwin/sta...48339136757760

According to source: Cards RB Johnathan Dwyer was just arrested for domestic violence @azfamily @AZCardinals
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Seriously? Another NFL player charged for Domestic Violence

Ohhhhhh there is going to be alot more of these coming out now.. We have just begun to scratch the surface..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Deity

All the wives and girlfriends are coming out of the wood work I suppose. I wonder if teams are starting to investigate their own players, things like backgrounds and such.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

They need to add a weekly stat cat in fantasy football for arrests. Pick a team.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Administrator

*Sigh*
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

Headline coming soon to the NFL...Season cancelled, no more players left...or Live from the Jefferson Penal Facility...
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Star

The Replacements 2 - All Locked Up

Dobber Sports Giant

I don't want to offend anyone, but if this is at all surprising to you guys, you clearly don't know anything about domestic violence. This stuff has been going on the whole time, tons of players, across every team in the league. Across all parts of society. It permeates all classes, races, religions, regions of the country/world. Hopefully people are finally paying attention, and willing to have a discussion to put an end to violence. Violence against women. Violence against children.

The NFL is just a microcosm of society. The more shock and outrage we have for the NFL, the more we should have for society and the world around us.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I don't want to offend anyone, but if this is at all surprising to you guys, you clearly don't know anything about domestic violence. This stuff has been going on the whole time, tons of players, across every team in the league. Across all parts of society. It permeates all classes, races, religions, regions of the country/world. Hopefully people are finally paying attention, and willing to have a discussion to put an end to violence. Violence against women. Violence against children.

The NFL is just a microcosm of society. The more shock and outrage we have for the NFL, the more we should have for society and the world around us.
    Agreed. I almost gave up on the NFL a couple of years ago because of how ugly they were in the face of undeniable evidence that their sport was ruining lives through concussions. Obviously I caved and stuck with it. I'm sticking with it here too.

Pertinent article: http://grantland.com/features/nfl-fo...ence-ray-rice/

Hope you enjoy.

Tip of the iceberg. And don't be surprised when injuries go up and production drops due to new HGH testing protocol.
    @SmittysRant

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Tip of the iceberg. And don't be surprised when injuries go up and production drops due to new HGH testing protocol.
    I'm going to go the other way on this one. I think injuries go down (though maybe not initially) because of the HGH testing. If you ask me it's the HGH that's bulking these guys up to the point where every collision on the field is equivalent to that of a motor vehicle accident. Smaller players means smaller impacts, which hopefully leads to fewer injuries. I'm also going to theorize that the number of torn muscles goes down as well. Right now these guys are swollen up with cattle-sized muscles. Maybe if they were less ballooned they wouldn't tear so damned much.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I have not checked, but I would bet ratings are higher than ever, so I doubt any of this matters to the NFL.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I have not checked, but I would bet ratings are higher than ever, so I doubt any of this matters to the NFL.
    They are. In fact, it was a conversation this summer if it was actually good for the league that the Ray Rice issue happened because it helped turn the NFL into a year round league instead of having a lull during the summer.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    It matters if/when sponsors start walking away because they don't want their brand associated with the NFL's image. That's why companies like Anheuser-Busch, Visa, Pepsi, Campbell's, etc speaking out about their unhappiness with the current state of affairs mattered. And, in all likelihood, that's why the whole Commissioner's list thing to get guys like AP, Hardy and whomever else off the field and out of the limelight a bit (while still getting paid in AP's case, most likely to placate the NFLPA) suddenly emerged as an option about 24 hours later -- whereas teams seemed unaware before that it would apply in these types of situations.

The league and league owners are making these things up as they go along and reconsidering decisions that they already claimed to have thought long and hard on because revenue is suddenly threatened.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Banned