Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tavares Malkin Getzlaf or Giroux

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Tavares Malkin Getzlaf or Giroux

Quote Originally Posted by Blueman View Post
    I know he's not on the list - but I'd take Seguin over any of them in a points only pool this year. That kid is gonna explode offensively.
    Yeah, there's a couple of reputable sources that predict him to finish 2nd or 3rd in scoring. I have my doubts about that but he is certainly capable of doing it. But given the other choices, I can't convince myself that he's a better option.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Points only:
    Getzlaf
    Malkin
    Tavares
    Giroux

Malkin has the highest upside but there's very low chance he plays 82 games. Pittsburgh is a team who needs to do well in the playoffs so any minor injury to Malkin/Crosby means 7+ days off.

Tavares/Giroux are neck and neck points only. I like Tavares to take another step this year.
    Wow thats a nutty list.

The Great One

Malkin first obviously.

Tavares second.

Giroux/Getzlaf does it really matter at this point.

If you want to gamble take Malkin, if you want to play it safe take Tavares.

Dobber Sports Novice

Tavares and Giroux neck to neck. With NYI solidifying their second line with additions in Grabo and Kulemin, it gives more balance to their top 6 and strengthens Tavares value. Although who plays on that line with Okposo is still to be determined. Giroux on the other hand have lost Hartnell and Timmonen on an effective Philly PPP so that might cost Giroux some points. But I like them both.

With so many changes to Pits now I don't know who Malkin is going to play with. Plus with a new coach coming in I am a little cautious on Malkin. Never a fan so maybe I am a bit biased but most will say he is a band-aid boy.

I see a decline in ANA and that will impact Getzlaf's point totals especially Getzlaf is entering a time in his career where he would be more probable to regress than to hit higher ceilings. I don't see the Heater experiment working so slotting in different players on that line will not help matters. Although that line has last year been a revolving door. I would rather place a bet on who is going to be on that line on waivers or late rounds to get into position for a low-risk high-reward type of pick for Getzlaf's line.

Dobber Sports Master

I'm surprised more folks aren't taking Giroux here. He is remarkably consistent and there is no trading in this league. Malkin is also remarkably consistent.... in his inconsistency. You never know what you'll get. You need to extract maximum value out of your first pick and Giroux is a model of consistency. He will get you 85 points, which is as sure a bet as you can make. He also has a little upside left. He could get you 95-100 points.

Hercules

In a league where I cant trade Malkin when he’s hot (and not on the IR) my rankings will be:
    Giroux
    Tavares
    Getz
    Malkin

Malkin is a 70pt player, and it doesn’t sound like you can add someone off FA to help out when he’s hurt. Giroux has the ability to push to top 3 in scoring every yr. Without his slump last yr, he was the only one that would have pressured Crosby. Malkin lost his sniper in Neal too, and major questions swirling Pitts, I’m staying away from anyone not named Crosby or Dupuis (just because he’s such a late pick). Giroux lost Hartnell and TImonen, but Hartnell wasn’t on PP1, and Timonen is replaced by Streit and McDonald.

Phillys PP
    Simmonds – Giroux – Voracek
    McDonald – Streit

If anyone say The Scores recap on phillys PP, it was nuts. They do 3 things pretty much and that’s it. They just rock at.