Thread: What spot would you draft if you had the choice?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default What spot would you draft if you had the choice?

For a league that I'm in, we tried something that I think is pretty unique in trying to determine our draft order. Every member submitted his preferred placement in the draft and ranked each spot from 1-10.

Ie you would send 3,4,1,10,7,2,8,9,6,5 if you wanted to be the 3rd overall pick the most, 4th overall second most etc etc.

Any ties among members resulted in some sort of drinking game showdown (beer pong or flip cup). It was a great way to start the year.

Im wondering where you guys would want to draft in a 10 team league this year?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: What spot would you draft if you had the choice?

I'd want something top 3. Charles, McCoy, or Peterson.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I'd want something top 3. Charles, McCoy, or Peterson.
    Be wary of Charles, I'm very good with feeling out RBs. Last year I had Charles in three of my leagues one title one runner-up and a first round playoff loss. I want something in the back end, I love Alfred this year. Shanny can implement zone better than anyone but his punk ass son can't call plays worth a damn. Stay away from any Kyle Shanny offense, he surrounds himself with yes men and can't take any objections to his ideas. He's could be an adequate D III OC.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Last season I wanted low. Like 8-9-10. The way the rankings were coming to the season, there was legit 10 guys I liked. In a 12 team league I picked the 12 (which I hated) and ended up getting Calvin and McCoy (was ecstatic). This year is different. I like always having a stud RB, and I don't think I can get one past 5 this year. So I'd either want 1 to get Shady, or 5 to get whichever dropped to me out of Shady, Charles, Peterson, Forte, or Lacy (would hope for McCoy or Lacy).

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

To me there are 6 bonafide studs in the first round. Give me the 6th pick and I'm happy to take whoever falls out of Charles, McCoy, AP, Forte, Mega, and Graham.

In a re-draft league? First, gimme McCoy and never look back. PPR especially. Otherwise, I always like the latter half of the first, Let everyone else overreach. The Jimmy is an obvious second half first rounder. Do NOT take Gronk - forewarned.
    @SmittysRant

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    In a re-draft league? First, gimme McCoy and never look back. PPR especially. Otherwise, I always like the latter half of the first, Let everyone else overreach. The Jimmy is an obvious second half first rounder. Do NOT take Gronk - forewarned.
    I am all over Gronk anywhere after the mid-late 2nd. Another huge year coming imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Price View Post
    I am all over Gronk anywhere after the mid-late 2nd. Another huge year coming imo.
    Mid-second is a good spot for him, but I see mocks where he's going end of first - too high imo. My concern w/him is his band-aid boy status. Sky high upside, but you're forced to waste another 5-6 rounder on a viable back-up. Why not just draft Vernon Davis in round 5-6?
    @SmittysRant

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Mid-second is a good spot for him, but I see mocks where he's going end of first - too high imo. My concern w/him is his band-aid boy status. Sky high upside, but you're forced to waste another 5-6 rounder on a viable back-up. Why not just draft Vernon Davis in round 5-6?
    I'm either taking one of Graham/Gronk/Thomas/Cameron early or waiting until very late.

VD scares the hell out of me this season. If you look at his numbers with a healthy Crabtree in the lineup you would be too I think. I just don't think he is going to get nearly enough targets to be usable every single week. If I miss on one of the top 4 I'd rather wait until late a cobble together 2-3 guys with a combination of upside and steady production. High upside guys that can be had late that I like are Zach Ertz in the 10th, Ladarius Green in the 11th, Dwayne Allen in the 13th. High floor guys to pair them with include Martellus Bennett in the 10th, Heath Miller in the 13th, and Delanie Walker in the 14th.

Miller in particular has been a favorite target for me. He produced at fringe TE1 numbers towards the end of the season and is basically free. I'll take that over VD in the 5th/6th when I could instead be filling out my WRs with guys like DeSean Jackson, Michael Floyd, Torrey Smith, or Emmanuel Sanders.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Price View Post
    I'm either taking one of Graham/Gronk/Thomas/Cameron early or waiting until very late.

VD scares the hell out of me this season. If you look at his numbers with a healthy Crabtree in the lineup you would be too I think. I just don't think he is going to get nearly enough targets to be usable every single week. If I miss on one of the top 4 I'd rather wait until late a cobble together 2-3 guys with a combination of upside and steady production. High upside guys that can be had late that I like are Zach Ertz in the 10th, Ladarius Green in the 11th, Dwayne Allen in the 13th. High floor guys to pair them with include Martellus Bennett in the 10th, Heath Miller in the 13th, and Delanie Walker in the 14th.

Miller in particular has been a favorite target for me. He produced at fringe TE1 numbers towards the end of the season and is basically free. I'll take that over VD in the 5th/6th when I could instead be filling out my WRs with guys like DeSean Jackson, Michael Floyd, Torrey Smith, or Emmanuel Sanders.
    Oh sure, I'm not advocating drafting VD as your #1 TE - he needs TDs to be relevant week-to-week, and much like you said too many other mouths to feed. My point was merely Gronk's injury history and a GM's need for insurance (Charles Clay may prove a better example - current wonky knee aside).

Skill set-wise, I love Cameron but Cleve's current QB situation worries me about his overall production this this year. And with Gordon out for substantial time opposing D's will be able to double up on Cameron. Manziel certainly cannot thread that needle...Hoyer it remains to be scene.

Graham is the only TE i take in the first round. Thomas would be my next choice.
    @SmittysRant