Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Century Club (beer shots)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: The Century Club (beer shots)

I've never been much of a beer drinker, rum is my choice. I can probably only do 15-18 beers in a night, but a 26 of rum is usually manageable (5-6 hours?)

Dobber Sports Master

I prefer rum when sitting around sipping with friends, but nothing beats a beer on a hot day like today.

- - - Updated - - -

I prefer rum when sitting around at night sipping with friends, but nothing beats a beer on a hot day like today.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Master

Caps was a competitive game where the winner actually drank less than the rest of the guys, but there was a level of competition that us young bucks favoured.

You draw up a bracket, like NHL playoffs, and the first two contestants square off by sitting on the floor opposite each other with their feet touching each other. An empty bottle of beer with an overturned cap on the top of the neck sat between each contestants legs. Each person then cracked a new beer open. You then used the newly opened beer's cap to try to knock the other cap (of the empty between the legs) off its perch. Each time your cap fell off, you took a drink of the newly opened beer. Loser s the first to finish his beer, winner moved on to face the next winner.

Inherently, the game was full of problems as far as drinking went...winners drank less, unless they killed the new beer off while waiting for the next player. You sometimes had to wait for a few minutes before taking any significant drinks. Or, worse, you got piss loaded drunk while waiting and screwed yourself out of the championship. Winners typically earned a free drink from each of the losers when they went out afterwards to the bar, but by then you were too intoxicated to keep track of who bought what, etc. still, it was fun to see who was the best Caps player. I remember winning once, and thinking about how thirsty I was by doing so. But I collected some free drinks later so it wasn't all bad.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I did it a long time ago. There was 4 of us, and surprisingly, 3 of us succeeded. We were all fairly heavy drinkers at the time. I wouldn't be able to do it now.

When I was in university, there was a pretty serious underground drinking club. It was called the "30 Beer Club". To get into it, you had to drink 30 bottles of beer in 3 hours, without throwing up. That's one beer every 6 minutes for 3 hours. Needless to say, it was a pretty exclusive club. I tried to get in twice, and got over 20 both times, but felt like I was forever away from 30, and I gave up both times feeling as though I wasn't even close. Keep in mind, that I am known as a guy who is able to put away a LOT of booze. Once, I drank 38 beers in a night, although it was over a 10 hour period. I once guzzled a 26 (750 ml) of Jack Daniels. That's guzzled. Cracked it and it was gone 10 seconds later. And one night, about a year ago, I drank a 40 (1.14 ml) of Crown Royal in about 6 hours, by myself. There were members of the 30 Beer Club, and they were heavy drinkers, but I never actually saw anybody successfully complete the challenge. The School Administrators shut down the club before I could try a third time (I would have failed), because the attempts started to send too many people to the hospital...

Rylant
    Insane. +1 on its way.

Tried The Century Club it in high school, backed out just after 20.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I couldn't even do 100 shots of coffee, let alone beer.. ohhhhh ya, I hate coffee..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

I've never had 30 beer in my entire lifetime, let alone in 3 hours. Wow.

lol...college days, low on cash, a pizza and six pack + shot a beer a minute was the game! One 12oz bottle in twelve mins x 5. One hour later....
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Yes to puking, but you can pee
    the way we played in it NZ that you're not allowed to pee...
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

30 beer club sounds absolutely insane.
    Since this thread I have talked to a couple buddies about the century club and only one of them had actually heard about it!
    Beerio Kart sounds hilarious, I am going to play this at the Bachelor party tomorrow!

We used to play a drinking game called 'Kings' , you put a couple decks of cards on the table and someone draws a card and follows the rule associated with it. Once you complete the rule you place your card on top of an empty beer bottle in the middle (whoever knocks it down has to down their whole beer - we couldnt get over 15 cards stacked by round 3 or 4 lol).

Ace was drinking your whole beer or drink, jacks meant guys drank, queens meant girls drank. cards 2-4 were the drinks you had to take, 5-7 were drinks you could allocate to others (minimum 2 others). 8, 9 and 10 were fun things like creating rules to follow (Like calling your buddy an ******* before every drink - if you forget, you drink lol) or putting a thumb on the table and the last one to do it drinks their whole drink.

King's were always bad, the first 3 people to draw a king (or first 7 with two decks) pour a 1/4 of their drink into a big cup/mug/bucket and the person who draws the final king in the deck has to drink the entire kings cup! (This was great when we all drank the same beer but when girls are drinking coolers and guys have caesers or mixed drinks it gets real bad, real quick)!

Dobber Sports Superstar

I've attempted the Centurion twice in my life. First time was during my undergrad days when I didn't drink much beer and I think I got about 45 minutes in.

Second time was a competitive thing with my fantasy league where draft order was determined by where you went out. It went into overtime and I ended up going 142 minutes..... I finished 4th!
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    I've attempted the Centurion twice in my life. First time was during my undergrad days when I didn't drink much beer and I think I got about 45 minutes in.

Second time was a competitive thing with my fantasy league where draft order was determined by where you went out. It went into overtime and I ended up going 142 minutes..... I finished 4th!
    Who drafted first and how long did they last!?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

142!
    That's almost 12 beers in 2hr22min.
    Mercy.
    The best drinker in my college group finished in the 110s.

One of the funnier thing about "beer shots" is that the vomiting is actually not that bad.
    Normally, puking comes with this terrible feeling.
    But when you are pounding beer shots, your body just says "Uh, no... too much" and yaks it all out.

I actually have VHS video of me projection vomiting, standing up, when my body could take more.
    I did not yield by volume... I yielded by the puke!

After puking though, you can usually still sip beer comfortably - which just seems incredibly odd.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by dooley89 View Post
    Who drafted first and how long did they last!?
    It all got a little blurry around 110 to be honest, If I remember the champion was crowned at around 150 minutes.

Also Pengwin, the projectile vomits are brutal. Luckily we were on a buddies deck because the sheer mass of puke someone generates after that many beers is insane.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Deity

I tried it once, about 20 years ago. Shot #84 got down, but didn't stay down for long. It was a mad run to the toilet and as drunk as I was, the run to the toilet got more laughs than anything from my buddies. Lets just say it wasn't a great experience and I haven't tried it since. I am mid 40s now so I doubt I could get anywhere near that number today.

I can guarantee you, I won't be trying it again anytime soon.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."