Thread: LA Kings PP

Dobber Sports Stud

Default LA Kings PP

What are the Kings depth chart for defenders on the PP?
    Assuming Doughty makes the team. Assuming no more signings.

PP1 - D spots - Harrold/JJ-Stoll
    PP2 - D spota - Harrold/JJ-Doughty

No idea? I heard that Stoll may be used on the point like in Edm. Could Harrold pass JJ on the depth chart? Even if Doughty makes the club, surely they won\'t rush him to the top teams unit?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default LA Kings PP

You can be assured that JJ will make it on to the top PP unit. After that I have no idea. I dont think either Harrold nor Kumar or Neil Patrick Harris will pass him on the depth chart either. :P

Dobber Sports Ace

Default LA Kings PP

I personally think that Hickey could surprise and end up on the power play, although alot rides on it. I think concensus is that he will suit up for the kings this year, but where he will land on the epth chart is up for debate. I personally tihnk he is more offensively ready than JJ, although Im not sure anyone thinks he will be the better defender downt he road.
    12 team roto with 6 keepers, G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG, W SV% SHO
    C-Crosby Spezza Connolly
    L-Smyth Rolston Malone Sullivan
    R-Hemsky Ryan Ryder Backes Fleischmann Cleary
    D-Phaneuf Rafalski Whitney Pitkanen
    G-Lundqvist Bryzgalov Theodore Rinne

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default LA Kings PP

Like I mentioned in that other thread of yours, Harrold doesn\'t seem to have a spot on the Kings this year, except as a 7th spare part defenseman. Don\'t expect him to play regularly on the Kings powerplay. I\'d view it more as a bonus for him at this stage.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Stud

Default LA Kings PP

Firstly, from what I recall Dobber was extremely high on Harrold, and stated 35 pts this year was not out of the question.

So far here is what I see on LA\'s back end:
    M.Greene, T.Preissing, P.Harold, JJ (all listed on the Kings website). So, those 4 would seem like no brainers - not sure why Harrold is a 7 D. Other than Greene, the remaining 3 are all offensive minded, leaving me to think they have to add a defensive minded reargard to pair w/ Greene and play against the other teams top line.

Then you factor in their isen\'t a ton of talent in Manchester (at lest that position). As well, as no acquistions have been made to add depth.

So then even with 5 D signed, the two high picks of Doughty/Hickey are left. Leaving me to believe one is signed.

Am I missing someone?

Dobber Sports Guru

Default LA Kings PP

Denis Gauthier!!

On a crap team like the kings, I could maybe see him pressed into a D6 role.

As far as Hickey goes, I have no special insight into this, but wouldn\'t he be better served by a year or two in the AHL rather than making the jump straight from junior?

Dobber Sports Giant

Default LA Kings PP

ultrawhiteness wrote:
    Denis Gauthier!!

On a crap team like the kings, I could maybe see him pressed into a D6 role.

As far as Hickey goes, I have no special insight into this, but wouldn\'t he be better served by a year or two in the AHL rather than making the jump straight from junior?
    I agree with UW on Hickey. This kid is at least 2 years away from the big league.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default LA Kings PP

bluejays wrote:
    Firstly, from what I recall Dobber was extremely high on Harrold, and stated 35 pts this year was not out of the question.

So far here is what I see on LA\'s back end:
    M.Greene, T.Preissing, P.Harold, JJ (all listed on the Kings website). So, those 4 would seem like no brainers - not sure why Harrold is a 7 D. Other than Greene, the remaining 3 are all offensive minded, leaving me to think they have to add a defensive minded reargard to pair w/ Greene and play against the other teams top line.

Then you factor in their isen\'t a ton of talent in Manchester (at lest that position). As well, as no acquistions have been made to add depth.

So then even with 5 D signed, the two high picks of Doughty/Hickey are left. Leaving me to believe one is signed.

Am I missing someone?
    Like I said, hardly any Kings fans (both the stupid and the smart ones) have him pencilled in for a top 6 role next year. I\'m talking both \"wishful thinking\" lineups and \"most likely\" lineups. The vast majority had him listed as 7th dman, if at all included in the group of dmen.

I also got hooked on that projection by Dobber, which is why I started looking into Harrold from as many perspectives as possible. If one fantasy guru, who himself knows that he\'s not always spot on, makes a 30+ point projection like that, while the vast majority of the team\'s fans don\'t even recognize him as a top 6 for the team, then I\'m going with the fans who know their team inside and out.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Stud

Default LA Kings PP

sentium...........

I laid out a scenerio, and you didn\'t answer it? Your saying that Harrold is a 6-7 D-man, but how? Who else fills in those spots? Where did you get this info that Harrold could possibly NOT make the team? Enough about all the \"fans,\" I\'m just trying to figure this out, and your not making any arguements to suggest that Harrold is part time.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default LA Kings PP

Well, when I read hockey forums I always take most things written with a truckload of salt, especially on a site such as HFboards. But I\'ve looked at several different forums and since it\'s always pretty easy to notice which posters are smart and knowledgeable, and which are not, there has to be SOME substance to what they\'re writing. At least enough to not swallow Dobber\'s prediction without question.

Me coming up with \"arguments\" isn\'t really relevant here, but sure, I can list some examples of lineups that I\'ve come across.

Johnson, Preissing, Greene, Doughty, Teubert (yes, after camp most think he\'s ready), Gauither are all regularly listed ahead of Harrold, in no particular order. Then you have all the people who figure that with LA needing to get up to the cap floor, they will splurge for at least one solid defensive dman, either through FA or trade, probably the latter.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default LA Kings PP

They are going to ride JJ hard offensively. Blake is gone, Visnovsky is gone, he is the guy to watch now on defense. Preissing will benefit as well. He is a very efficient puck-mover.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default LA Kings PP

I can\'t imagine LA not bringing in a D guy somehow - the Harrold thing is wait and see for me - but I am not sold at all.

Dobber Sports Sage

Default LA Kings PP

Could we see a return to 40 points from Preissing then?
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default LA Kings PP

So would I be advised to use Harrold as a 4th Defenseman or try to grab someone during my leagues FA period in about a month?

I had to move up Matthias, Voracek and Harrold up to not be over my limit on my farm so if I move them down I\'ll have to drop someone else off.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default LA Kings PP

Preissing should be good for 40 points.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified