Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Signing] - Horcoff - 6 yrs/33 Million

Dobber Sports Star

Default [Signing] - Horcoff - 6 yrs/33 Million

i dont see how anyone can actually complain about this contract other than its term as hes already 30 years old.
    Horcoff is 1-year from unrestricted free agency and only makes 5.5m per year for 70+ pt per year production. Hes a 2-way center and has gelled with Hemsky for the past 2-3 years so theyve got a good duo locked up for a couple years.

horcoff at 5.5 or...ryder at 4m? no-brainer.
    horcoff at 5.5 or...huselius at 4.75m? huselius has more talent, but how many times have we questioned huselius\' work ethic? too many to count

No, this contract isnt a steal. However, all things considered, it was \'at worst\' a decent contract and if Lowe felt he needed Horcoff to stay....he got the job done.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Master

Horcoff is a great player and while many on these forums base $$$ with fantasy value, Horcoff brings more to the table. Think of him like a Mike Richards, solid 2 way leader who will put up 70 pts. He\'s not paid $5.5 to score pts that the job of Hemsky, Gagner, ect. $4.5-$5 over 3 years would have been the perfect contract but considering all the contract inflations this offseason this deal is reasonable.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Guru

the edmonton guys posting here are all correct... he is far more valuable to his team than his point totals show. all-star leader in oil country.

i don\'t have a problem with getting him signed longterm... but i do have a problem with the coin. 5.5M for this year and the next two years? fine. but 5.5M will look a little silly when he\'s 34, 35, and 36 years old, centering the 2nd or third lines. (ages could be wrong, maybe its 33, 34, 35.. whatever).

more importantly, does this mean that one of gagner or cogliano will permanently be converted to the wings?

Dobber Sports Master

ultrawhiteness wrote:
    the edmonton guys posting here are all correct... he is far more valuable to his team than his point totals show. all-star leader in oil country.

i don\'t have a problem with getting him signed longterm... but i do have a problem with the coin. 5.5M for this year and the next two years? fine. but 5.5M will look a little silly when he\'s 34, 35, and 36 years old, centering the 2nd or third lines. (ages could be wrong, maybe its 33, 34, 35.. whatever).

more importantly, does this mean that one of gagner or cogliano will permanently be converted to the wings?
    in regards to coin, Mike Richards will be getting 5.4,5.6,6.6,8.4 as a second line center. Is that too much coin? I think 8.4 for richards is insane.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Stud

Well Crazy, by time he gets to the 8.4, he will probably be asking for his contract to be re-negotiated because it is so under valued.

My point being that by time he gets to the final year of his contract, the salaries will have escalated well beyond that level.

Dobber Sports Master

Thx for this comment hockeylifer.

There has been talk that 5.5 in year 5&6 is too much for Horcoff but with escalating contracts it will be chump change for a 2nd line leader of the team.

Even with escalataing contracts 8.4 is too much for Richards.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty