Thread: Gavin Bayreuther

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Gavin Bayreuther

Anyone familiar with Bayreuther? Apparently the knock on him is his skating. Has anyone watched him? Any chance he becomes an NHLer?

Gavin Bayreuther- 6'1", 195lbs scored 36pts in 38 games as a rookie defenceman this season. His .97 pts/gm were third best in NCAA defenceman scoring this season.

Bayreuther, a freshman at St. Lawrence Univ. became the first Saint freshman since Derek Gustafson to earn All-League honors in his rookie season, and was named co-winner of ECAC Rookie of the Year.

Bayreuther led all ECAC defensemen in scoring in his rookie season and was among the nation's leaders among blueliners as well. He was a second-team All ECAC choice and was earlier named to the All Rookie Team.

A native of Canaan, New Hampshire, Bayreuther was passed over in the past two drafts, but is putting the scouting world on notice this season with a phenomenal campaign.

There’s holes in his game – Carvel (St. Lawrence coach) noted his skating and conditioning in particular – but not many defensemen in the NCAA possess the shot or offensive instincts he does. And as just a freshman, he has three more seasons to refine his game enough to impress his potential future employers should they select him this June.

Either way, if he focuses on his feet, he’s going to be alright.

“If he improves his skating, he’s going to be dangerous,” Carvel noted.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Administrator

Default Re: Gavin Bayreuther

I would think this guy ends up not being drafted but then is one of the better College UDFAs when his time comes.

Edit: I am interested to see if he can maintain his output with Carey and Carey turning pro.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust