Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: [What If?] RADULOV WENT TO PITTSBURGH?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default RADULOV TO PITTSBURGH

BrianSTC wrote:
    The title of this thread is so misleading, I was like wtf!!!

It should be changed to What if Rads went to Pittsburgh.
    You\'re right BrianSTC. I apologize. I actually meant to type that....apparently lost some Karma along the way for that hmy:

Will double check the subject line before I submit from now on...
    Karma to you!
    Today is the tomorrow I worried about yesterday.

Dobber Sports Stud

BigB; Why you would lose karma is beyond me. So here is 1 for ya.

Dobber Sports Stud

BigB wrote:
    BrianSTC wrote:
    The title of this thread is so misleading, I was like wtf!!!

It should be changed to What if Rads went to Pittsburgh.
    You\'re right BrianSTC. I apologize. I actually meant to type that....apparently lost some Karma along the way for that hmy:

Will double check the subject line before I submit from now on...
    Karma to you!
    Don\'t know why you would lose Karma over that...

Maybe some Radulov owner had a heart attack when he saw the title and his last dying action was to dock you some Karma... :P

I\'ll pump you up...
    ***2018-19 11th Place***

16 TEAM KEEPER
    FORWARDS (G,A,Pts,+/-,PIM,PPG)
    LW:Marchand, Ehlers, Debrusk, Comtois (B-Empty)
    C:Matthews, White, Kotkaniemi, Hughes (B-Empty)
    RW:Laine, Labanc, Buchnevich, Terry (B-Kyrou)
    DEFENSE (G,A,+/-,PIM)
    Shea Weber, Ekman-Larsson, Morrissey, Schultz, Parayko, Hronek (B-Girard, Matheson)
    GOAL (Min,W,GGA)
    Hellebuyck, Markstrom, Samsonov
    PROSPECTS
    Lafraniere (2020)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default [What If?] RADULOV WENT TO PITTSBURGH?

I have a bit of sympathy for Rads. While I understand that Nashville is attempting to \'draft and nurture\' for success, it was pretty clear to me that Rads wasn\'t quite getting the minutes he deserved last year. Reflecting on that made me wonder if Nashville was bringing Rads in slowly not only to develop him properly but also so that after three years of \'development\', they wouldn\'t have to shell out the big bucks for a post-entry level superstar-in-the-making contract. Those kind of contracts tend to handicap teams, and Nashville isn\'t exactly rolling in the dough at the moment. It\'s not even clear to me that Rads would have gotten what he deserved on the open market after 3 years of tight-reined \'development\'.

If there\'s any merit to these speculations, then Rads isn\'t as much being treated with kids gloves as being royally screwed. Making the statement he did at the time he did guaranteed that his story would be front row center. It also allowed him to say to Nashville, \"I am worth something in the neighborhood of 4.66...now play me accordingly this upcoming season.\"
    Yahoo 12-team H2H partial keeper league (keep 7 vets + 3 prospects (p = skater <201 gp; goalie < 101gp))

G,A,P,PIM,+/-,PPP,SOG,FW,hits, blocks, W,GAA,SV%,Saves
    Start 3/3/3/5/2

C: Kopitar, P. Suter, Carlsson (p), Lundell (p), Norris
    LW: B. Tkachuk, Stutzle (c), Colton (c), Ehlers
    RW: Rantanen, Caufield (lw), Svechnikov (lw), Foegele (lw)
    D: Dahlin, Andersson, Chychrun, Montour, Sanheim, Matheson, Faber (p)
    G: Talbot, Forsberg, Daws (p), Wolf (p, NA)
    IR: Fantilli, Sergachev, Jeannot, Ingram
    NA: Levi

Dobber Sports Icon

hockeylifer wrote:
    Lanky, as I understand it your argument is \&quot;why should guys be rewarded for breaching their contracts?\&quot;. Yes? If that is your point, how can being paid to stay at home not be a reward for breaching your contract?
    Um... I see paying him 900 thousand dollars for sitting him in the press box less of a reward than letting him go to russia, make 4 times that and be a star.

What professional athelete would be happy not playing the sport he\'s played since he was 3 years old? Sitting him out is a BIG punishment trust me...

Does it make financial sense? Nope not in the least. 900 thousand dollars down the drain for nothing... BUT it sets a good precident rather than a bad one.

Will my suggestion happen? HELL NO! But it should.

EDIT:
    Also, some people might say if they don\'t play him, he\'ll just go back to russia early and hang out there at home. If he does this, \&quot;call him up\&quot; or whatever and then when he doesn\'t show, suspend him (ie he won\'t get any money).

If he does show up, sit him in the press box (but don\'t give him any of the nice yummy food to eat or anything to drink).

12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Icon

duballstar014 wrote:
    mister_mcgoo wrote:
    re: the shit list

why dya have \'baseball\' on there in a hockey forum? :lol:
    granted I hate baseball myself, I think its the lamest, most overrated, boring, overpaid excuse for a sport ever created but I\'m just curious why its garnering your ire now?
    lanky, your shit list has cracked me up for some time, but seeing baseball and kevin lowe on there...i have to give you +1 there. :laugh: good day.
    mcgoo and duballstar014

Baseball is there because I hate it. I wrote a rant in the OTHER section about how much baseball sucks a couple of weeks ago...

Pretty comical if you want to give it a read... here I am an american saying that baseball is a terrible sport and that hockey is better, and I had canadians telling me that baseball was great! HAHAHAHA... it was like the twilight zone...

Anyways. I hate baseball because it\'s stupid, slow, boring, and requires very little athletisism... I mean seriously, i\'d love to see how many baseball players could even run a mile :blink: .

The only thing baseball is good for is getting blowjobs during rain delays, drinking beer, and heckling.

Also, the fact that here in the D.C. area sports sections were covering Nationals and Orioles TRAINING CAMPS with more f*cking depth than the Capitals surge to the playoffs litterally made me want to go on a rampage.

It\'d be one thing if baseball only lasted 6 or so months, but they play it for like 10 fricking months straight!

GRRRR.

Sorry to vent... hopefully you all now understand it\'s \&quot;high seed\&quot; on my shitlist.

EDIT:
    Also, mcgoo, it\'s on my hockey forum shitlist because the reasons i hate it so much are much the same reasons that I love hockey. It\'s slow hockey\'s fast. It doesn\'t require athetisism or endurance (except for perhaps pitching), hockey does. It\'s season is long and overstays it\'s welcome, hockey\'s season seems to fly by, leaving me wanting more lol.

Also, the dobber name is expanding to Dobberbaseball, and I feel like that\'s just so wrong and dirty lol... I find myself slapping myself like its a bad dream that I need to wake up from.

OH well, just as long as dobberhockey stays dobber hockey and those baseball fans don\'t come here saying that their patch-eyed pirates team is the best sports team in pittsburgh (for example)... I goto the espn and cbs forums (rarely) and the number of people that go into the hockey section and talk sh*t (saying stupid stuff like, \&quot;baseball is the only REAL man\'s sport\&quot is vomit inducing.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Banned

lanky522 wrote:
    The only thing baseball is good for is getting blowjobs during rain delays, drinking beer, and heckling.
    sniff sniff, I love ya man, that was beautiful :lol:

Seriously dude, I lived in ATL for almost 10 years and people always wanted to go to the Braves games...it was pure torture until I found that they had this kickass patio bar up in one of the outfields where you could sit and drink beer and bullshit with friends while ignoring the game...I\'ve been to probably 20-30 games and I can\'t tell you the score of a single one

If you think you have it bad in DC you wanna move down to the south and see what kinda hockey coverage you get down here...during the NHL draft they had more coverage of highschool baseball than they did hockey, it was a tragedy