Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Gaudreau vs 2014 class

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Gaudreau vs 2014 class

[QUOTE=TALKwillie;1266562]TheIceWookie has hit the nail on the head.. The way Gaudreau twists and turns his way around the zone is something else.. You really do need to see it to understand.

Gerbe doesn't compare IMO..

On Mr. Guru constantly asking for players in top 30 under 5'8"... LOL... I take that as a conceded argument. If you seriously think there is a huge difference in today's NHL for players 5-8 to 6'.... well... keep watching your Saturday night hockey and get back to us when you catch up to 2004.

On Johnny approaching 90 points... That number is ment as an upside. I absolutely agree we will likely see 50ish points first yr or two.. dependent on how the Flames build goes it should grow yearly and if by some stroke of luck a blue-chip scorer finds his way to Johnny's side... look out.

*Side Note: Willie Gaudreau hahahhaa... too funny. [/QUOTE

Maybe we're speaking with Matthew Gaudreau instead?

Dobber Sports Padawan

So if people had to rank the following in terms of upside what would be the order:

10th overall (unclear who is going to be available) from 2014 class
    Gaudreau
    Petan
    Morrissey
    Ristolainen
    Poirier

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by RangerFan View Post
    So if people had to rank the following in terms of upside what would be the order:

10th overall (unclear who is going to be available) from 2014 class
    Gaudreau
    Petan
    Morrissey
    Ristolainen
    Poirier
    Based on this, Gaurdreau should be your top choice. Like mentioned earlier, I would rank Gaudreau around 7 or 8.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Padawan

anyone else?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I went and saw his first/only NHL game against the Canucks, and it was something else. He was the best player on the ice when he was out there. Set up about 5 Grade A scoring chances, and had the only goal in a 5-1 loss. The goal itself was nothing special, but when you're dangerous for as long as he was during the game, you're bound to get a dirty one.

What really surprised me was his ability to win board battles against much bigger players. He consistently came out with the puck when he went to the boards against 1 or even 2 guys. It was impressive.

The next day I picked him up in my keeper

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by rob2kx View Post
    I went and saw his first/only NHL game against the Canucks, and it was something else. He was the best player on the ice when he was out there. Set up about 5 Grade A scoring chances, and had the only goal in a 5-1 loss. The goal itself was nothing special, but when you're dangerous for as long as he was during the game, you're bound to get a dirty one.

What really surprised me was his ability to win board battles against much bigger players. He consistently came out with the puck when he went to the boards against 1 or even 2 guys. It was impressive.

The next day I picked him up in my keeper
    He's putting on a show at the WC's too currently. Kid has some elite level vision and IQ to go along with his elusiveness
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson