Thread: Woman needs 18 points on Family Feud

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Woman needs 18 points on Family Feud

Her dad goes first, gets 182 points. She needs just 18 to get the money. It didn't turn out well.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Woman needs 18 points on Family Feud

Tough break. They set up a lot of those final questions to have 1 easy answer, so coming up with a 2nd option to a loud insect can't be easy. What the hell were they so excited/upset about? It isn't huge money on that show is it??

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Tough break. They set up a lot of those final questions to have 1 easy answer, so coming up with a 2nd option to a loud insect can't be easy. What the hell were they so excited/upset about? It isn't huge money on that show is it??
    They would have won $20,000 if she got the points.

I think what happened is she got flustered on the second question, and never recovered.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    They would have won $20,000 if she got the points.

I think what happened is she got flustered on the second question, and never recovered.
    Wow $4000 each (5 per team no?). The experience of being on a TV game show is worth more than that... I wish they wouldn't have acted like the world was riding on it. It should be a funny thing - I would have been pointing and laughing hard if she was my sister (all in good fun of course). Anyways, that's not really the point of this but their reactions struck me for some reason...

Dobber Sports Guru

Ha! Zero points? ZERO?!

This makes me thankful for the internet. I have to watch a grand total of zero episodes of Family Feud, and I get the highlight to enjoy.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Deeply in debt....DEBT! Cause they ain't win D'money!

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Wow $4000 each (5 per team no?). The experience of being on a TV game show is worth more than that... I wish they wouldn't have acted like the world was riding on it. It should be a funny thing - I would have been pointing and laughing hard if she was my sister (all in good fun of course). Anyways, that's not really the point of this but their reactions struck me for some reason...
    $4,000 per person doesn't sound like a lot, but that needs to be qualified. You get to come back as returning champion, and at the end of five days, you also get a chance to win a car. So if you're successful every day, that's $100,000 total plus a car.

And since it is a family, my guess is most don't split the money evenly. If someone in the family needs the money because they just lost their job, or had an operation, or something like that, I'm willing to bet a lot of the money goes toward that one person.

And even all things being equal, if you go on the show with your wife and your 19-year-old son who still lives at home, and you split the money evenly, that's $12,000 that's going into your household.

If you don't win, you get $5 per point. So in this case, the family made $910. That's a far cry from $20,000.

Dobber Sports Sage

So they get 20K- how much do they pay in taxes? 25%? So now each person gets 3K. I wouldn't even fly out to California for a chance to win 3K. After the flight and lodging, how much are you ahead? No way I'm spending my vacation time doing that.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    So they get 20K- how much do they pay in taxes? 25%? So now each person gets 3K. I wouldn't even fly out to California for a chance to win 3K. After the flight and lodging, how much are you ahead? No way I'm spending my vacation time doing that.
    Look at the reactions of the family through the entire clip....these are obviously not rational, stable people. These shows are looking for the wing-nuts when they do their casting competitions.

I love that the Dad just thought he was the biggest rock star ever after his opening round, parading and strutting around the stage like a total jackass, LOL.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Superstar

That was crazy. she isn't going to be able to live that down. Its like a goalie giving up a goal from outside the blueline.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Giant

An all-expenses paid trip / lodging, etc. is covered as part of being a contestant on a nationally-popular TV gameshow such as Family Feud. So, you get a vacation and potentially some sweet winnings, all free.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Guru

By that logic, one would never go on any game show.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

The heartbreak is palpable
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    An all-expenses paid trip / lodging, etc. is covered as part of being a contestant on a nationally-popular TV gameshow such as Family Feud. So, you get a vacation and potentially some sweet winnings, all free.
    They only cover your expenses if you lose. If you win you are on your own.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov