Thread: Todd White in Atlanta

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Todd White in Atlanta

Where do u see this guy fitting in in Atlanta? DO you see him centering Hossa Kozlov? Or Kovalchuk?

I am thinking he could center the Hossa/Kozlov line as he did a good job with Alffy/Hossa back in the day and I think he could surprise this year...aproaching the 70 point mark. Thoughts?

I...am your father.

Default Re:Todd White in Atlanta

Yes...but he\'s a band-aid boy. Certified, if I\'m not mistaken...
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Striker

60 games out of him would be a norm I\'d say.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Dobber wrote:
    Yes...but he\'s a band-aid boy. Certified, if I\'m not mistaken...
    He\'s only a trainee...maybe there is hope yet!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Atlanta needs a real #1 center and Todd White is not the answer. Just like Rucchin, Holik or anybody else in their team are not the answer. That\'s why I would have grab Allison or Yashin or whoever with the potentiel the be their #1 center, even without the good reputation or the speed. Put a real #1 center between Hossa and Kovalchuk and he cannot play poorly.

Dobber Sports Ace

habsloverhater wrote:
    Atlanta needs a real #1 center and Todd White is not the answer. Just like Rucchin, Holik or anybody else in their team are not the answer. That\'s why I would have grab Allison or Yashin or whoever with the potentiel the be their #1 center, even without the good reputation or the speed. Put a real #1 center between Hossa and Kovalchuk and he cannot play poorly.
    I agree 100% with those comments.......in fact I rode the ship down with Yashin holding out hope he would go there.....horrible advice from his agent in my mind,why not sign a low-ball one year deal,put up huge #\'s,then hit the jackpot next year on a FAT CONTRACT..........
    God bless us,everyone of us!

Dobber Sports Stud

WildHendy wrote:
    horrible advice from his agent in my mind,why not sign a low-ball one year deal,put up huge #\'s,then hit the jackpot next year on a FAT CONTRACT..........
    Because at this point in his career it\'s unlikely that he\'ll get a significant contract in the NHL, period. He\'s getting good money in Russia and it\'s home for him anyway. Not such a bad move from a financial perspective.

As for Allison, if the Thrashers were going to sign him, they would have (and I agree with habsloverhater, they should have) last season.
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Ace

Hey,I\'ts the N.H.L..............THERE\'S ALWAYS A CHANCE THAT ONE G.M. WILL OVERPAY OUT OF DESPERATION.Sellanne looked done and signed a low ball deal to play iN ANH.,reproved his worth, and would now get a FAT contract if he chose to.....that was my point....as far as Allison is concerned I think he was dealing with a divorce and personal issues last year and did not make himself readily available.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

WildHendy wrote:
    ....as far as Allison is concerned I think he was dealing with a divorce and personal issues last year and did not make himself readily available.
    That\'s what I got out of the different articles I read. He had the concussion problems earlier and then ran into the personal issues. It sounded like things were resolved and he had plenty of time off to heal, and is now ready to play. I don\'t know how good he\'ll be, but I\'m sure there are several teams that should look at signing him to an incentive oriented contract. Kinda like, if you play well and stay healthy you\'ll get paid type of deal. Allison\'s not in a situation to ask for anything more than that.
    14 TM H2H dynasty; 30man active roster - 4x C, LW, RW; 6 D, 2 G, 10 BN
    Unlim prospect roster, only filled through draft/trade
    G, A, P, +/-, PM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, Hits, BkS, W, GA, GAA, SV, SV%, SO

C: Malkin, Backstrom, M. Richards, B. Boyle, Sobotka
    LW: Hall, Lucic, Hagelin, Stalberg, R. Smyth, Carcillo, Beleskey, T. Glass
    RW: Eberle, Wheeler, Radulov, Eriksson, Voracek, N. Johnson, Burish
    D: Boyle, Yandle, Whitney, Carle, Vlasic, Stuart, Gilbert, M. Stone, Barberio
    G: Price, Backstrom, Harding, Montoya
    P: Elliot, McKegg, Bouchard, Hackett

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think that Allison could possibly be the slowest skater I have seen in the NHL in the last several years. He looks slug-like.
    Yahoo Keeper Team - STD Cats
    C- Thornton, Backstrom, Kesler, Turris, Savard
    L- Vanek, Burrows, Hartnell, Lucic , Leino
    R- Brown, Pavelski, Ericksson, Holmstrom, Little
    D- Chara, Rafalski, Weber, Edler, Letang, Bieksa,
    G- H. Lundqvist, Miller, Rinne,

Prospects- Bowmman CAR, Glennie DAL, LeBlanc MTL, Ferraro DET, Tangradi PIT, Yip COL, Kuznetsov WAS, Neuvirth WAS

League Champion 07, 08, 09,

Dobber Sports Ace

Allison is slow for sure..he also helps people score for sure,I know the Canucks could\'ve used him last year in the playoffs when the sisters went m.i.a. and their powerplay sucked leaving Luongo out in the cold as he prayed for a goal time after time after overtime.Coulda made the difference in a couple of games and should come at a fair price,almost risk free the way I see it.

Dobber Sports Stud

WildHendy wrote:
    Allison is slow for sure..he also helps people score for sure
    Very true. Hard to believe that a guy who\'s scored 464 points in 447 games since 1997 can\'t find himself a job...
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

thats a crime that no one will take a chance on allison...
    his ppg say it all...
    he\'s a utility player on the powerplay...

why doesnt any team with powerplay woes sign him...
    heck even edmonton...
    they take chances on anybody...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

There is no way that any team mentioned here they can\'t sign Allison for 1M$ for one year. There must be something. I know that they don\'t like his skating and his +/-.

I wouldn\'t believe that he, and his agent are looking for a huge contract.
    QHL Stanley Cup champion 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09
    www.thephysicsofhockey.com