Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ISS Top Ranked Drafted Prospects

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: ISS Top Ranked Drafted Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    yes he still definitely needs to get stronger and apparently his eating habits are terrible. He's rail thin and kinda reminds me of Jarnkrok but a lot better
    I read the same thig about his eating habits and supposedly he refuses to work out but I think that will change when he comes to NA. Kane was the same way but he is a gym freak now and TT looks up to him so I think that will help
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

The Great One

Lazar reminds me a lot of Bolland. I really like his development the last couple years. I still wouldn't rate him third in this list. I find it harder to get offensive game changers and would risk it over a safe hard working two way forward. Great value for when he was drafted though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Lazar reminds me a lot of Bolland. I really like his development the last couple years. I still wouldn't rate him third in this list. I find it harder to get offensive game changers and would risk it over a safe hard working two way forward. Great value for when he was drafted though.
    Doesn't play at all like Dave Bolland lol

The Great One

I think he does.

Banned

If Dave Bolland suddenly plays like Ryan Callahan or Dustin brown, then sure he plays like Dave Bolland

this is a guy who many think wills core 30 goals in a season. That's not bolland.

The Great One

I thought Lazar was a center? My bad.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    I thought Lazar was a center? My bad.
    He is right now so you're not wrong. He'll be a winger in nhl..or at least both

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    If Dave Bolland suddenly plays like Ryan Callahan or Dustin brown, then sure he plays like Dave Bolland

this is a guy who many think wills core 30 goals in a season. That's not bolland.
    Maybe you're too young to know this but many thought that Bolland had the potential to put up 30 goals per season. You might feel that this was an insult but Bolland was a very promising prospect and although his offence never did translate (possibly due to being behind the scoring stars in Chicago) his defensive game sure did. And IMO Lazar does not play like Dustin Brown, he isn't nearly as physical/reckless but is more of an intelligent player. Callahan? Maybe.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by vandalay View Post
    Maybe you're too young to know this but many thought that Bolland had the potential to put up 30 goals per season. You might feel that this was an insult but Bolland was a very promising prospect and although his offence never did translate (possibly due to being behind the scoring stars in Chicago) his defensive game sure did. And IMO Lazar does not play like Dustin Brown, he isn't nearly as physical/reckless but is more of an intelligent player. Callahan? Maybe.
    Yeah reckless is not his game. Callahan for sure and they mentioned him specifically right after they drafted him. That leader type who goals out there with everything heS got, just blocks shots, does it all for the team, scores big goals, sticks up for teammates, lays a big hit, etc. Like the article said, a guy who makes mediocre teams into contenders.

Bolland was offensive in junior but he wasn't that hyped up to translate it to the nhl and was not on the same level as lazar as a prospect. Lazar was ranked quite high going into the season yet fell because he wasn't given an offensive role last year.

But the point is, the poster was comparing him to Current bolland, which is a 3rd line centre.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

So other than Drouin and Teurovainen who is the best 'points only' guy to target that would fit onto this list??

And the same question applies to D-men, who is the young defenseman you would want for a 'points only' keeps league??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..