Thread: Trade Value vs. Point Value [REP]: Lynch vs. Moreno vs. Gore

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Trade Value vs. Point Value [REP]: Lynch vs. Moreno vs. Gore

ONE-YEAR LEAGUE:

I've got three high quality RBs in my 14-team non-PPR league. (Weeks 10/11/12/13)
    Marshawn Lynch... @ATL/ MIN/ BYE/ NO
    Knowshon Moreno.. @SD/ KC/ @NE/ KC
    Frank Gore........... CAR/ @NO/ @WAS/ STL

With 2 RB spots, I'm benching one weekly and my WRs STINK.
    (R.White, Nicks, Hartline, Royal...)
    I need to make a RB for WR trade.
    My team is 3-6 and I basically need to win 4-straight to qualify for playoffs and I need to win probably 1 or 2 games to keep from relegation.

The question is this... who do I look to trade away?

I've only gotten one offer so far (with all RBs "on the block").
    DeSean Jackson (Week 12 Bye) for Frank Gore

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Djax isn't a bad offer, but I'd rather give up Moreno than Gore. I'll trade you Ryan Broyles for Moreno (in the category of what was I thinking) lol. It's hard to trust Moreno's wonky knees. To the point where I would be looking at a lesser receiver for Moreno than Djax for Gore. Wait until points process tomorrow and then target someone in the 12-24 range of points on the season.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Just as an edit Pen, because it's 3WR, 2RB, no Flex, RBs lose some value and WRs gain some. Moreno should be worth a top 12 WR and I would certainly throw out some trades trying to get one, I just don't know if you will. Like I'd be in on your RBs except I don't have much receiver depth and getting one of the 3 would require me to sit Lacy or Ridley. I'd have your current problem. Shoot high, and then downgrade your offers depending on responses

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Thanks man... I think I sent you some REP.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Gore > DJackson. Don't make that deal. My advice would be shop all 3 guys around and see what you can get for each and find the deal with the WR that you wan the most. Offers should be coming in like crazy if all 3 are on the block and you will be in a position of power.

Dobber Sports Padawan

With 3 rb's like that, I would have no problem trading any of them. Like mentioned before, take the best wr offered. Lynch would probably fetch you the biggest name.

I would target Jordy Nelson right now. With Rodgers out 3 weeks, his value takes a hit but has a very nice schedule to close out the year.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Mattp913 View Post
    Gore > DJackson. Don't make that deal. My advice would be shop all 3 guys around and see what you can get for each and find the deal with the WR that you wan the most. Offers should be coming in like crazy if all 3 are on the block and you will be in a position of power.
    Surprisingly, I've had all three on my trade block for over a week and have gotten only TWO offers. Ho hum.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    With 3 rb's like that, I would have no problem trading any of them. Like mentioned before, take the best wr offered. Lynch would probably fetch you the biggest name.

I would target Jordy Nelson right now. With Rodgers out 3 weeks, his value takes a hit but has a very nice schedule to close out the year.
    So I should offer one of my 3 RBs for Nelson?
    It isn't clear what I should offer for Nelson.

The one GM that offered D-Jax also has Demaryius Thomas.
    I'd prefer Demaryius (who is done with his BYE week).
    Do I offer Lynch (week 12 bye), Gore, or Moreno?

I'd guess that I can still get D-Jax (week 12 bye) for Gore.

I really need to make a move.
    I'm 3-6 and there's no point in benching a RB for the next 4 weeks when I could really use an upgrade on my 3WRs (R.White, Nicks, Hartline, Royal, and probably a waiver claim on Riley Cooper.)
    7-6 (which is possible considering my schedule) would probably get my up to the top six in this league (PLAYOFFS!!!)... so I'd like to make something happen this week.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Surprisingly, I've had all three on my trade block for over a week and have gotten only TWO offers. Ho hum.

I'm 3-6 and there's no point in benching a RB for the next 4 weeks when I could really use an upgrade on my 3WRs (R.White, Nicks, Hartline, Royal, and probably a waiver claim on Riley Cooper.)
    7-6 (which is possible considering my schedule) would probably get my up to the top six in this league (PLAYOFFS!!!)... so I'd like to make something happen this week.

In your situation, I would trade Lynch because of his pending bye. Get whatever WR you prefer (DT). Then, depending on who your current Rb 4 or who's on waivers, I would trade one of gore or Moreno for Nelson.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post

I do not make a move for Nelson if I am you. If you had all but locked up a playoff spot I would say yes go get him but given you need to win, I dont want a WR who has Seneca Wallace throwing him the ball ever. I would look to try and grab a Lynch for BMarsh or maybe a Moreno for Garcon. I have a strong feeling Garcon is about to go bonkers for the rest of the year. Look to add Harvin or Crabtree or Dobson too unless your league has super deep benches and loads of IR spots 1 of them should be available.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Trade made, trade made!!!

Here it is:

IN: Demaryius Thomas (WR, DEN)
    OUT: Frank Gore (RB, SF) [& Coby Fleener, the other team wanted my back-up TE, which is really a nothing piece since I have V.Davis]

So, my team is now:
    QB: Rivers
    RB1: M.Lynch (Week 12 bye, Tolbert CAR goes in)
    RB2: Moreno
    WR1: D.Thomas
    WR2: H.Nicks
    WR3: Hartline... or, if healthy, Roddy White
    TE: V.Davis

RB Bench: Tolbert
    WR Bench: R.Cooper (just added), E.Royal

Hopefully this team can pull off a miracle 4-0 run over the next 4 weeks to qualify me for top 6 of my 12 team league.

Thanks for the help guys.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Now you're in a little larger pickle. V. Davis is out for the foreseeable future with a concussion -- only reason I think it would be longer term is because he was immediately ruled out for the remainder of the game, not much time passed before his ruling. I would honestly contemplate starting Cooper over Nicks ROS because now that the Giants have a more stable back pending his health Manning won't have so much pressure on himself to throw all the time; lets be honest, Nicks hasn't done jack this year either.

Moving on to your biggest issue, trading your backup TE and now potentially being without Davis ROS. I'd be dropping Eddie Royal immediately for the best available TE or the one with the juiciest matchup i.e., Rob Housler vs. Jac., Delanie Walker vs. Ind. (also with Fitzpatrick under C the ball will be spread around a lot more now). Those are just a few names that will be under the radar that might help you in the next week or two if you've got to go without Davis.

Good Luck.
    10 team Cumulative Points Only - Keep 4
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PPP (1), PIM (0.25/min), S (0.4), H (0.2), Bs (0.2), FoW (0.1), W (4), Sv (0.2), SO (4), GA (-1)
    update inc.