Thread: Dobber\'s guide

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Dobber\'s guide

I\'ve almost decided that I\'m going to buy it. Last year I discovered this site a bit too close to my draft and was coming off two great years, so didn\'t bother.

I already know Dobber\'s expertise so that is not in question - I will use his info and have confidence in it.

Is the guide as useful for one year pools as it is for keepers?
    The top 500 scorers list is for next season? Does the advice distinguish between future and next season?

For example I\'m in a shallow pool so last year Radulov was being recomended, while yes I had my eyes on Rads for future seasons, last season he wasn\'t worth having yet in a one year. Maybe that\'s a bad example, because Rads is on the cusp, but you get the idea.

I guess, let me put it this way, if I were in a keeper then I would already own the guide, but since I\'m in a one year pool I hesitate - am I wrong and why?

Thanks guys!
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Dobber\'s guide

I would just buy the pool guide for 1 year pools, if 60 points is the cut off. What you are looking for are the players who had 40-55 points that could breakout for 70-80 points next year. I got Getzlaf in the 4th round last year, he had I think 53 points the year before, Dobber had him at 77, he ended up with 81 and it was a amazing pick for me.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Dobber\'s guide

I\'ll be a salesman for dobber here.. you want the guide whether you are in a keeper or one year, Dobber gives each player\'s point projections for their upcoming season (very helpful in 1-year) and their LTU projection(long term upside). He will give you line comibinations which incluce who will be on the top powerplay and the second unit. He will also add insight and advice on many of the players from all the teams. Anyways long story short buy the guide, you won\'t regret it!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Dobber\'s guide

Gongshow wrote:
    Dobber gives each player\'s point projections for their upcoming season (very helpful in 1-year)
    Sold.

Thanks, that\'s what I wanted to know.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Dobber\'s guide

Guide is simply fantastic! Simple layout, but it gives you exactly what you need...not extra toppings...just the nice big hunk of meat! Your efforts are applauded Dobber!!!
    12 Team Keeper (max 4 years) ($270 RLD)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, and 2 G weekly
    STATS: F (G,A,GWG) D (G,A,+/-) G (W,GAA,SV%)
    FWD -
    DEF-
    GOAL-

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Dobber\'s guide

Even without the guide, this site has helped me huge.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Dobber\'s guide

Well not so fast - when you get the guide your life will get screwed up - you will read it during meals, driving your car, walking the dog. You will have to budget for another 30 years of purchasing it (I think Dobber makes the subscription free after that many purchases) and there is also the extra cost of laminating the pages to keep the beer and coffee stains off them.

With the guide, you will fast track into a full fledged addiction to fantasy hockey and there simply are not enough skilled counsellors out there to help everyone.

Dobber is the candyman - and the guide is his candy. Beware!

Dobber Sports Master

Default Dobber\'s guide

The guide is the worst thing ever. It ruins your life just like the website. Buyer beware!!!
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Dobber\'s guide

Well, if the guide is going to take time away from me surfing this site, I might reconsider....
    I mean, I already have eliminated the half dozen other sites I used to check out. Now it\'s just, go to TSN and read what was reported here an hour ago.

Maybe I have this all wrong, maybe I should just go back to spinning around in circles trying to find info...

:laugh:
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5