Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [TRADE] Smid to Calgary

The Great One

Didn't they just resign Smid?

Dobber Sports Deity

Considering the Oilers are already weak on the back end, they had best be making a move to improve their D in another deal. Who ever they bring in had better be a better D then Smid.

To me this deal is basically Smid for Horak. The two prospect goalies pretty much offset each other. I don't see how the Oilers win this trade, or even come close to breaking even.

Oh MacT, this is not the type of "bold" moves Oilers fans have been waiting for. Brutal!!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

The team could not get worse. Not sure this makes them better but pretty much everyone has been screaming for something to be done. Tough to judge it until all the dominoes fall and a few games are played.

Banned

If Oilers just wanted to shed money I think they were doing Smid a favour by sending him to the closest possible city.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Did Feaster just "win" a trade??????

We're in CRAZY TOWN!?!?!?!?
    14 team H2H Partial Keeper 23/24 - Season 14
    Keep: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 2D, 1G and 1 Wild
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - Trochek, Malkin, Scheifele, Seguin, Novak
    LW - J Robertson, M.Tkachuk, Barbashev, Sherwood
    RW - Kirill Kaprizov, Tippett, Evangelista, McBain
    D - Bouchard, K Miller, Valimaki, Forsling, Chabot
    G - Sorokin, Copley
    IR - Thompson, Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by emustyle View Post
    Did Feaster just "win" a trade??????

We're in CRAZY TOWN!?!?!?!?
    Hey man don't forget Joe Colborne.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Calgary Sun Sports ‏@SUNSports 6m
    Got it on good authority. #Hemsky's locker being cleared out in Philly. Looks like he's been traded. #Oilers

Dobber Sports Wizard

Makes no sense for the Oilers............none.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Didn't they just resign Smid?
    Yep, roughly seven months ago actually.

Smid trade makes no sense. Oilers play one really good game(a loss at that) vs. TB on Thursday night and suddenly the decision was made to deal Smid for a minor league forward that couldn't crack Calgary's roster, swap AHL/ECHL goaltenders and sign Bryzgalov. Are they literally playing spin the wheel in Edmonton?

Oilers really screwed the pooch when they had the opportunity to bring Brian Burke in and instead brought in another ex-player(one who was a coach they fired not too long ago). Good ol' boys....

Anyways...this deal makes Calgary a tougher team. When Giordano/Glencross/Stempniak return that team could possibly battle for the 8th playoff spot, which is really surprising. It'll likely not happen still due to unstable goaltending...but I like Calgary's chances more than Edmonton's, and that's shouldn't be the way things are.

End rant.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    This thread is really underselling Bryz. He's crazy yes but he wasn't that bad in Philly. He just wasnt as good as his contract, cheaper deal he is serviceable, definitely more so than Dubnyk.
    I really like his crazy side, but yes, he WAS that bad in Philly. On any given night, he was mediocre at best and brutal at worst. I can honestly say that I would take 40 goalies before Bryzgalov, and Dubnyk is one of them.

Philly was pretty well known for strong defensive minded teams during Bryzgalov's tenure, and he was still sub-standard. The Oil just traded away their best defensive D-man to make room to sign Bryzgalov; he is going to be peppered. Take into consideration that he is soft mentally and can't make a safe when the pressure is on, and I promise you, if you aren't asking yourself "what the hell are the Oilers thinking" now, you will be shortly...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I really like his crazy side, but yes, he WAS that bad in Philly. On any given night, he was mediocre at best and brutal at worst. I can honestly say that I would take 40 goalies before Bryzgalov, and Dubnyk is one of them.

Philly was pretty well known for strong defensive minded teams during Bryzgalov's tenure, and he was still sub-standard. The Oil just traded away their best defensive D-man to make room to sign Bryzgalov; he is going to be peppered. Take into consideration that he is soft mentally and can't make a safe when the pressure is on, and I promise you, if you aren't asking yourself "what the hell are the Oilers thinking" now, you will be shortly...

Rylant
    i agree with this it's revisionist history to say Bryz was good last year in Philly

i watch a lot of games because i live in the area and he was dreadful

actually watching the games in 11-12 you could tell he was only marginally better than Bob

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max