Thread: Matt Donovan or Andrew McDonald?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Matt Donovan or Andrew McDonald?

Who will qb the power play while visnovsky out with a concussion?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'm also interested to hear peoples thoughts on this...
    I'm thinking MacDonald gets pp1 time.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday:
    MacDonald will take Visnovsky's spot on 1st unit PP. Donovan/Bouchard on 2nd unit PP points.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JRenegade View Post
    Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday:
    MacDonald will take Visnovsky's spot on 1st unit PP. Donovan/Bouchard on 2nd unit PP points.
    Capuano needs to go.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    Capuano needs to go.
    This. Donovan is 1000 times better offensively than MacDonald.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Donovan definitely has the better offensive pedigree but give it time. Aside from Justin Schultz, most rookie dmen aren't handed the keys to quarterback the top powerplay. If he deserves it, he'll be there eventually.
    As a fantasy owner this can be frustrating but I've come to accept and expect it.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by deantime419 View Post
    Donovan definitely has the better offensive pedigree but give it time. Aside from Justin Schultz, most rookie dmen aren't handed the keys to quarterback the top powerplay. If he deserves it, he'll be there eventually.
    As a fantasy owner this can be frustrating but I've come to accept and expect it.
    This advice only makes sense if the team has better options for the rookie to overcome. MacDonald doesn't belong on anyone's powerplay. The Isles PP has been terrible this year and it is decisions like this that keep it down. Capuano is just a bad coach - as bad as anyone in the league. At least if the Isles keep losing, changes could be on the horizon.

Dobber Sports Pro

I've always thought MacDonald could produce some points on the powerplay. He plays so much at even-strength and on the PK though I don't think they wanted to overload him. That's my take on it anyways. MacDonald is an RFA this summer and do for a huge raise(he's been severly underpaid for three years now at least).

Having said that, Donovan is the defenseman to own if it's a keeper situation. Long-term I see Donovan capable producing goals in the double digits and 40+ pts perennially. I wouldn't ever expect MacDonald to crack 30 pts, again, because of how important he is to other areas of the Islanders system.