Thread: J.Schultz vs. Pietrangelo

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default J.Schultz vs. Pietrangelo

What do YOU think there point totals will and could be(Upside) for the next 1-4 years? I have them both and I'm trying to deal one away to solidify my forward group for a run this year.
    ***2014/2017 Points only League Champion***
    Our league is a 10 team, 12 player keeper. Weekly H2H
    Points only. Dress - 4 LW 4 C 4 RW 6 D 2 G
    Weight - G= 2 A= 1 Hatty =3 W = 2 So=3 OTL=1
    Keepers - Giroux, Ovechkin, Backstrom(C), Tarasenko, Malkin, Wheeler, -- Weber, Suter, Pietrangelo -- Rask, Schneider, Talbot

Banned

Pietrangelo for me, he's an elite fantasy d-man, he should be one of the top scorers on his team, nevermind the best dman

Banned

The more that I watch Schultz, the more that I believe he belongs in the AHL. Only on a team like Edmonton could this guy ever get so many even strength minutes. I, too, would take Petro because there are no question marks... he is already elite and getting beter.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Agree fully with the above here. It's definitely true that Schultz has the potential of 60 points but he's really not close to being a complete player. Pietro has a big contract and some solid numbers behind him to boot. He has 60 point potential to me and that is reasonably likely in my mind.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Veteran

Pietrangelo is a way better 2 way defenseman but in Pts only Id take Schultz long term. That Edmonton offense is going to explode at some point and IMO Schultz has 70+ point upside.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Pietrangelo has the most potential of the two IMO Schultz is starting to look like more of a project than people originally thought so its hard to guage his potential I could see Pietrangelo being a steady 55+ player going forward but Schultz is impossible to predict, too many moving parts at the moment.

IMO Pietrangelo has more trade value by far of the two because Schultz carries a lot of risk. If you can get someone to give you Pietrangelo value for Schultz that's what I would do.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Pietrangelo for sure. Just does everything right and he's putting up the points every year already as a young player.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Pietrangelo for sure. Just does everything right and he's putting up the points every year already as a young player.
    And Pietrangelo have more ice time... on the PP.... Never forget that !
    KEEPERS LIGUE
    13 Teams: start 12 F, 5 D, 2 G; 5 Benchs F, 2 Benchs D and 1 G. Points : G, A, Pts, Forward Points, Defence Points; Win+Ties+SO for Goalie. //Players : Gusev, Kucherov, Aho, Barzal, Malkin, Marchand, Krejci, Rust and E.Lindholm + Burns, Suter, Vatanen and Letang + Binnington and Francouz.
    Rookie spot : Kaprisov, A.Johnsson, Buchnevich and Vrana
    Keepers every year : 6 fowards, 2 def and 1 goalie.
    Need to play 8 forward and 3 defs for all the season : 738 fowards games and 246 defs