Thread: Rate these 8 prospects

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Rate these 8 prospects

Hi everybody!

please rate theme in order of offensive potential (2pts=goal and 1 pt=assist). Also, rate them by their mid-term impact.

Brassard
    Cherepanov
    Giroux
    Higgins
    Kane
    Kostitsyn A.
    Stafford

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Re:Rate these 8 prospects

hummmm...these 7 prospects. Sorry!

I...am your father.

Seeing as you are our savior...shouldn\'t you already know the answer?

:laugh:

That\'s a tough list man - I would have to wait until I have a good 10 or 20 minutes to look at it. At first I thought \"Kane\"...then Cherepanov, Kostitsyn and Giroux
    Brassard would be last for sure.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Benson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Kovalenko, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie, Daws
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Hanifin, Severson, Nikishin, Andrae

Dobber Sports Ace

Higgins
    Kane
    Cherampanov
    Kositisyn
    Stafford
    Giroux
    Brassard

Not sure why your still considering Chris Higgins as a prospect, but right now he should easily be your #1. Hes young, cheap and last year before getting injured was on pace for a 35-38 goals season.

The rest are all good prospects and we shall see how well they can now perform on the big stage.

Dobber Sports Stud

Sorry Sakic, I am not going to agree with you on that one. I think that you have to consider the long term upside of these players when you rank them. Personally, I don\'t think that Higgins will put up the points that you might expect from Kane and Giroux, Cherepanov (when he gets to New York). Kostitsyn might have more upside than Higgins but I am not sold on him either.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I agree with Hockeylifer.

Here is my ranking:

Kane
    Cherepanov
    Giroux
    Kostitsyn
    Brassard
    Stafford
    Higgins

I believe that Stafford and Higgins have pretty much the same upside.. however, because Stafford plays with a better team.. he comes out on top with a slight edge.
    11 Teams Keeper League
    Start 12 FWDs, 6 Ds & 2 Gs

F: Getzlaf, Perry, Backstrom, Parise, Iginla, D. Roy, Hudler, Antropov, Tanguay, Weiss, A. Kostitsyn, Huselius, Steen, Gerbe, Radulov
    D: Markov, R. Whitney, Letang, Carlson, OEL, Del Zotto, Rundblad, White, Kindl
    G: Kiprusoff, Halak, Bernier

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If we were talking short term I might agree with Higgins, Kostsitsyn and Stafford having the biggest impact, as they might be the only three in the NHL this year. But the original post requested that these propects be rated for their mid-term impact, which I would consider approx. 3 years. With that in mind and considering future potential here is my list:

Kane
    Cherepanov
    Kostsitsyn
    Giroux
    Stafford
    Higgins
    Brassard (longer term, but but could go way up in this list if his development is faster than expected)
    11 Team Keeper League
    Scoring: G (3); A (2); +/- (1); Hits (0.1); PPP (1); SOG (0.2); W (4); GA (-1); SV (0.2); SHO (4)
    Forwards: Ovechkin, Parise, Nichushkin, Domi, Eriksson, Toffoli, Boedker, Kuznetsov, Huberdeau, Duclair, Teravainen, Spooner, Silfverberg, Grigorenko and Wilson
    Defense: Pietrangelo, Suter, Carlson, Voynov, Edler, Letang, Pouliot, Beaulieu, Gormley and Sekera
    Goalies: Rask, Allen, Gibson, Greiss, Raanta and Kuemper
    Farm Team: Mantha, Rattie, Bennett, Goldobin, Shinkaruk, Nurse, Theodore, Matheson and Jarry
    2015 Draft Picks: 2nd, 3rd and 9th overall picks
    Active Roster of 12F, 6D and 2G (moves daily)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I\'m gonna throw a wrench in all of this.

I suggest to you, Kane may have a lot of trouble making the NHL, the talent is there, but the size is substandard. I mean it\'s not just that he\'s short, he\'s light too.. I would warn anyone against getting too excited about this wee yank.

Christ wrote:
    Hi everybody!

please rate theme in order of offensive potential (2pts=goal and 1 pt=assist). Also, rate them by their mid-term impact.

Brassard
    Cherepanov
    Giroux
    Higgins
    Kane
    Kostitsyn A.
    Stafford

Thanks!
    Cherampanov
    Kane
    Kostitsyn
    Giroux
    Higgy
    Stafford
    Brassard

Della Madonna

Hello,

I would put then in this order

season 2007-2008

Higgins
    Kane
    Stafford
    Kostitsyn
    Giroux
    Cherampanov
    Brassard

season 2008-2009

Kane
    Higgins
    Cherampanov
    Giroux
    Stafford
    Kostitsyn
    Brassard

season 2009-2010

Giroux/Kane
    Cherampanov
    Higgins
    Kostitsyn
    Stafford
    Brassard

On the long run I see Kane and Toes duo which i will be a great tandem of speed skills and production. But with Briere locked up for life almost and gagne for the next 4 year if my memories is correct.
    we will problably see the formation of a New french connection
    Gagnee Briere Giroux will be deadly.Also Briere never said it but in interview you can tell that he is more conformatable with french player and his word will heavy in Philly. If he want to play with gagne and Giroux he will. On the ice i heard many time Briere talking french with Pominville and and JP dumont and think its just natural for him. I would invest in Kane first becuase i think he will have more value as afantasy player but Giroux I think at this time we can grab him for cheap and hopefully in the next 2 years he will end up on the top line. As for Cherry, not racist or anything but i trust more a north american then a russian player altought he will produce if motivated corectly and i think in NYC he will.Also Cheery will have allot fantasy value. Higgins will probably continue year in and out with top 75 point with about 35 goals. He is a consistante player giving that he dosent get injured again. Kostisin as good speed and i saw him at a few Habs practices and his hands are quite amazing. he can probably do anything he want with the puck but is more of a playmaker then a finisher are is value will never be as high as the player above. Is stock might rise if the candiens actually play him correctly and with the right player. And Brassard i put last because he is in CLB but in the event of a trade his value can go up. but not as much as everybody else. Stafford comes in last mainly becuse i dont think that Buffalo will be as great of a team as the 2006-2007 and also because i havent really been watching him play to give an honest opinion about him. I can be totaly wrong with him too.

This is my opinion
    Thanks guys

MDM

Dobber Sports Genius

For upside :

Kane
    Cherepanov
    Brassard
    Kostitsyn
    Higgins
    Stafford
    Giroux

Maybe I should lie here so Chris, my keeper\'s rival, can screw it all on draft day, but I\'ll be honest, hoping he thinks he knows better than me and doesn\'t follow my advice :

2007-2008
    1- Stafford
    2- Higgins
    3- Kostitsyn
    4- Kane
    5- Cherepanov
    6- Giroux
    7- Brassard

The Upside
    1- Cherepanov
    2- Kane
    3- Kostitsyn (but it will be also be a matter of supporting cast...)
    4- Higgins (see number 3)
    5- Stafford
    6- Giroux
    7- Brassard (the way he plays, and the way he cries after each whistle, the guy is gonna get killed in the NHL... and he\'ll play for Columbus.)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Kane
    Giroux
    Cherepanov
    Kostitsyn
    Brassard
    Higgins
    Stafford

The last 2 just don\'t have the upside it seems.

Post edited by: projectreturns, at: 2007/07/18 19:03
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner