With Mark Smith on the trade market, and Emery and perhaps Aebischer on the FA market, a team would go after \'Bulin not only if it\'s desperate for goaltenting but also if they are desperate to reach the salary floor (40.7 - or is it 40.6M?).

Only 3 teams are below the floor:

ATL - 25.5M committed to 14 players, not including RFA Lehtonen.

CBJ - 27.5M committed to 15 players (30M to 17 players if you add Voracek and Brassard), not including RFAs Umberger and Leclair

LA - 27.6M to 13 players (29.5M to 15 if you add Purcell and Zelier), not including RFAs O\'Sullivan, Harrold, Ersberg, Richardson and Stoll, or UFA Blake.

The 4 prospects and RFAs take CBJ to the cap floor, so there\'s no problem there, plus they don\'t need \'Bulin.

The 2 prospects and 6 FAs should take LA to the floor without \'Bulin. Still, they need goaltending in the short term, so this is very much a fit.

Atlanta will be desperate to make the floor but other than Lehtonen don\'t have any RFAs who\'ll command notable salary, so they will definitely need to add the kind of salary Chicago needs to shed. But if they still see Lehtonen as their goalie of the near future, in a season that they\'re not gonna go anywhere in, it makes no sense for them to go for \'Bulin.

So, if \'Bulin goes, it\'ll have to be LA, unless Atlanta despair of Lehtonen and ship his rights to Chicago for \'Bulin. I don\'t hink that\'s likely.

I do see other salary dumping possibilities Chicago could pursue. Lang has one year at 4M left, and Havlat has 1 year at 6M. I would guess one or both would be welcomed in ATL with open arms, at least for one year, as it\'d bump them up to the salary floor as well as generate fan buzz. And Chicago can absorb the loss by promoting Kontiola and Skille (with Sharp getting the 2nd line assignment). However, I doubt they do this, at least as far as Havlat is concerned, because they\'re in compete now mode. I can see Lang moved to ATL, though, at least as much as I can see \'Bulin moved to LA. Or both, because Lang in himself won\'t be enough to get them under the cap.

And ATL also needs D help, so i\'m pretty certain Waddell and Burkey are talking Schneider at this point. But getting Schneider would not preclude Waddell from getting Lang.