Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Will Monohan stick past 9 games?

Dobber Sports All-Star

Right or Wrong, if Monahan gets sent down, I wouldn't be surprised at all. We always joke that the Flames can't do anything right, they can't even lose properly. This is the same team that was suppose to get Mackinnon and they go on their longest win streak at the end of the year to destroy their chances of 1st overall. Every managment decision seemed incredibly short sighted and non-strategic. The old Calgary mentality was as long as every game is a sell out, we're ok with finishing 9th-11th every year. I'm thinking with Burke now running all hockey operations, things might be just a bit better planned than having Ken King wreck it with indifference.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Stud

monohan looks like he will stay. as of right now he clearly deserves to stay. furthermore, hes got zero to gain by playing in the OHL another year. as long as the flames limit his minutes to 12-16 min per he will be fine. at this time he looks like one of their best players if not their best player. monohan is NHL ready maturity wise and may have the best NHL career of all the top 10 picks in the '13 draft. I will say this.....he looks far more ready for NHL action than Mackinnon.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post
    monohan looks like he will stay. as of right now he clearly deserves to stay. furthermore, hes got zero to gain by playing in the OHL another year. as long as the flames limit his minutes to 12-16 min per he will be fine. at this time he looks like one of their best players if not their best player. monohan is NHL ready maturity wise and may have the best NHL career of all the top 10 picks in the '13 draft. I will say this.....he looks far more ready for NHL action than Mackinnon.
    MacKinnon missed the pre-season, which sometimes doesn't help. I've only seem one full game with each guy though, so I really couldn't compare them thus far. As an Ottawan, I'm thrilled to see Monahan performing so well. I've quite the soft spot for him.