Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Realistic career ceiling of RNH?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyHippie View Post
    In addition (and I apologize if this has been brought up already), didn't Taylor Hall himself, speaking from personal experience, say it's possible RNH's shoulder will never be the same?
    this is absolutely correct...there was an interview in the Edmonton Journal recently about RNH's injury and they interviewed both him and Hall. Hall said that the shoulder will never be 100%.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    this is absolutely correct...there was an interview in the Edmonton Journal recently about RNH's injury and they interviewed both him and Hall. Hall said that the shoulder will never be 100%.
    That's true but I have also messed up both of my shoulders, and they will never be the same; however, I don't think it has affected my production in ice hockey in any way. Maybe instead an incident that is 90% probable to cause a shoulder injury may bump up to 99% probable. I'll take that risk though, personally. But, I understand why many wouldn't. Durability is an asset in fantasy hockey.

Dobber Sports Ace

I would definitely try to grab RNH in a keeper league because his upside in that situation should be pretty good.

And if I owned him, I'd be in no hurry to move him.

But I'm still on the side of the train that thinks RNH will likely miss time most seasons due to injury. It may not be a ton of time - anywhere from 5-15 games per year. But that's enough.

Much earlier in the thread, someone mentioned a list of names and asked if they were legit injury concerns (or bandaid boys, can't remember the term used). But Jamie Benn was in that group. And I view Benn as a guy that - as good as he is and will be - I think he'll miss games each year with minor issues. As in, I'd guess he'll average 70-75 games per year.

I think RNH is the same way. He'll very likely be a point-per-game guy (or slightly better). But I have a hard time seeing him playing a whole lot of 82 game seasons.

So, to answer the original question, I view RNH as a 75-80pt guy in 70-75 games per year. Sort of how I view Spezza nowadays..

But RNH is very much a guy worth having in a keeper league.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I love all the folks who call Nuge "injury prone". The kid isn't even old enough to drink in a bar in the US and people are already shunning him. Obviously the Oilers aren't worried about him and his "injuries" from the looks of the deal they just gave him.

Imagine all the folks who traded away Patrice Bergeron a few years ago because he was "injury prone". Now he is one of the games premiere two way forwards and most wouldn't trade him away for anything less then a kings ransom.

To all you who consider Nuge "injury prone" and are afraid to own him, by all means trade him away. I have no doubt another GM in your league will be patient enough for him to mature and grow in the game. This kid is going to be the center on the top line on one of the better offensive teams for years to come.

I wouldn't call him "injury prone" per se, however due to his build (which I don't see changing all that much) I see him as a 70-75 game per year player which will bring his points down accordingly. I see him as a 65-75 point player which in today's NHL isn't all that bad.

Dobber Sports Padawan

It's all about the "upside"...sometimes in a player that hasn't even played an NHL game, sometimes it's an aging vet showing us one more chance to turn back the clock, sometimes, it's a guy that did it once 3 years before...and sometimes it's a guy like RNH.

Sometimes you guess right and look like a genius, other times not so much.
    RNH is a guy I'd take that chance on...he's produced when he's had the chance, has good linemates, gets top PP time. There is more to like than dislike and as long as he isn't the centerpiece of your team or you've overpaid for him, I'd doubt you'll regret it if he does break.

I made a similar decision 2 years ago with Crosby (and no...i am not comparing the 2 players in talent or playing style).
    Just that I made a decsion based on fear of injury and so far you can put me in the regret it category. Maybe this year will be the year I don't.
    RFHL: 12 Member League Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
    Limited 10 Positional Player Keeper League
    G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
    C: Tavares, Kopitar, BJugstad, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Benn, Voracek, Fabbri
    RW: Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, MacKinnon
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Parayko, S. Jones, Pietrangelo
    G: Price, Murray

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

a reminder to everyone else that insults towards forum members (even towards tequilamonster) will not be tolerated.

i will start editing posts and replacing them with pokemon. if i notice you are a repeat offender, you get ONE warning before consequences occur.

get back on topic please, i am getting tired of seeing people arguing with each other about nothing hockey related.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post

i will start editing posts and replacing them with pokemon..
    lolll
    The Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League. (Keep 17)
    3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G 6BE.
    G,A,+-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT; GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV, SV%,SO
    (C) Kopitar, Kuznetsov, O'Reilly, Karlsson, Roslovic, Zacha
    (LW) Ovechkin, Forseberg, Bertuzzi(RW),
    (RW) Rantanen, Bratt(LW), Radulov
    (D) Josi, Burns, Pietrangelo, Karlsson, Heiskanen, Dunn, Boqvist
    (G) Gibson, Quick, Hart, Petersen
    (IR) Domi

10 Person Farm: (<200GP for F, <100GP for G)
    (C) Zegras(LW), Bourque
    (LW) Kaliyev(RW)
    (RW) Glass(C), Raymond(LW)
    (D) Power
    (G) Ingram, Knight, Levi, Primeau

Banned

a reminder to everyone else that insults towards forum members (even towards tequilamonster) will not be tolerated.

i will start editing posts and replacing them with pokemon. if i notice you are a repeat offender, you get ONE warning before consequences occur.

get back on topic please, i am getting tired of seeing people arguing with each other about nothing hockey related.
    and thanks for banning me for disagreeing with your buddy...that's real high quality moderating, you should be real proud of how tough you are!

Banned

Replace my comment with pokemon hentai
    ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE

(sorry that's the closet i think i can get without ruining everyone's childhood)
    Last edited by JagrBomb; October 7, 2013 at 6:40 PM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by master_bates View Post
    and thanks for banning me for disagreeing with your buddy...that's real high quality moderating, you should be real proud of how tough you are!
    i didn't ban you. i don't ban people without having a legit reason, and i always PM the person first so they know exactly why they were banned. not only that but i do give them a warning before a ban.

but sure, i'll agree that it is real high quality moderating. thanks bud!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE

(sorry that's the closet i think i can get without ruining everyone's childhood)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I have one short 8 second clip that pretty much sums up the majority of this forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI
    12 Team Yahoo H2H Cash League, Daily Line Set Keep ANY 5.
    G-5, A-3, PPP-1, SHP-2, SOG-.4, HIT-.3, BLK-.5, FOW-.1, FOL-(-.065).
    W-6, SO-4, SV-.25, GA-(-1.25), L-(-1).

[2]C: Matthews, Kempe(RW)
    [2]LW: Svech(RW), Batherson(RW),
    [2]RW: Rantanen, Nichushkin(LW)

[4]D: Dahlin, Carlson, Toews, Krug

[2]G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

[4]B: Ingram(G), Wedgewood(G), McTavish(C/LW), Moore(LW/RW),

[2]IR+: Theodore(D)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

i didn't ban you. i don't ban people without having a legit reason, and i always PM the person first so they know exactly why they were banned. not only that but i do give them a warning before a ban.

but sure, i'll agree that it is real high quality moderating. thanks bud!
    Guys... This is 'Praba - ly' a misunderstanding.
    12 Team Yahoo H2H Cash League, Daily Line Set Keep ANY 5.
    G-5, A-3, PPP-1, SHP-2, SOG-.4, HIT-.3, BLK-.5, FOW-.1, FOL-(-.065).
    W-6, SO-4, SV-.25, GA-(-1.25), L-(-1).

[2]C: Matthews, Kempe(RW)
    [2]LW: Svech(RW), Batherson(RW),
    [2]RW: Rantanen, Nichushkin(LW)

[4]D: Dahlin, Carlson, Toews, Krug

[2]G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

[4]B: Ingram(G), Wedgewood(G), McTavish(C/LW), Moore(LW/RW),

[2]IR+: Theodore(D)

I...am your father.

You weren't banned. Had you been banned, you couldn't publish a post thanking Praba for banning you.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Benson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Kovalenko, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie, Daws
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Hanifin, Severson, Nikishin, Andrae

Banned

Last edited by JagrBomb; October 8, 2013 at 11:43 AM. Reason: no reason to call people fools because you disagree with them