Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New League... Fisrt choice overall

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by asv27 View Post
    Can he get JT in the 2nd round? Cause I guarentee that he can't get Crosby in the 2nd round.
    In a cap league that uses actual salary, it would be criminal if Tavares was still around in the 2nd round at 8th overall.

I'm not necessarily saying take Tavares over Crosby. But to me, it's going to depend on how many guys you roster and what the cap is.

And then derivatively, how much of the cap to you get per guy.
    Yahoo 12 team H2H Keeper (Keep 7 vets; 3 prospects (Skater < 201 GP; Goalie < 101GP)

Categories: G, A, P, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW, Hits, Blocks, W, GAA, Sv% Saves

Start 3LW, 3C, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 8Bn

C: Crosby, RNH, Stepan, Faksa
    LW: Ovechkin, Benn, Jenner (c), Komarov (c, rw), Dano
    RW: Voracek (lw), Neal, Hornqvist, Silfverberg, Buchnevich (lw), Boeser
    D: Karlsson, Letang, Ellis, Muzzin, Slavin, Boychuk
    G: Price, Bernier, Grubauer, Pickard

Dobber Sports Giant

I would take Crosby ASAP. Forget cap hits or not, the kid counts for 2 players easily! Stamkos can hit 115-120 at his peak. I don't even want to speculate what Crosby's peak can be!

He is currently, by a big margin, THE BEST NHL PLAYER. Period.

Draft him with confidence please
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Cooley, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Crosby is several levels above Tavares and only 3 million extra.
    Exactly! With a first overall pick, you have to forget about the cap and just go for the best player. Try to manage your budget after that, but don't skip on Crosby for a couple mil.!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Cooley, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Exactly! With a first overall pick, you have to forget about the cap and just go for the best player. Try to manage your budget after that, but don't skip on Crosby for a couple mil.!
    It's not a couple mil. As I understand it, the league uses actual salary.

Crosby's at 12, 12, 12, 10.9, 10.9, 10, 9, 9.6, 9, 3, 3, 3
    Tavares' at 5, 6, 6, 6, 6

It's not a couple mil. It's 7 million this year, 6 for the next two, 4.9 for the following two.

For the record, I too think Crosby is by far the best in the world. Still, this decision has to be made in respect of the actual difference in salaries. Further, it can't really be made unless we know the roster size and salary cap.

Roster size of 20 and a cap of 40 million? You probably want to take Tavares.
    Roster size of 12 and cap of 90 million? You would take Crosby obviously.

Cheers
    Yahoo 12 team H2H Keeper (Keep 7 vets; 3 prospects (Skater < 201 GP; Goalie < 101GP)

Categories: G, A, P, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW, Hits, Blocks, W, GAA, Sv% Saves

Start 3LW, 3C, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 8Bn

C: Crosby, RNH, Stepan, Faksa
    LW: Ovechkin, Benn, Jenner (c), Komarov (c, rw), Dano
    RW: Voracek (lw), Neal, Hornqvist, Silfverberg, Buchnevich (lw), Boeser
    D: Karlsson, Letang, Ellis, Muzzin, Slavin, Boychuk
    G: Price, Bernier, Grubauer, Pickard

Dobber Sports Expert

Another vote for Sidney. Cap be damned, he is simply worth ever zero, and then some.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PensInThree View Post
    It's not a couple mil. As I understand it, the league uses actual salary.

Crosby's at 12, 12, 12, 10.9, 10.9, 10, 9, 9.6, 9, 3, 3, 3
    Tavares' at 5, 6, 6, 6, 6

It's not a couple mil. It's 7 million this year, 6 for the next two, 4.9 for the following two.

For the record, I too think Crosby is by far the best in the world. Still, this decision has to be made in respect of the actual difference in salaries. Further, it can't really be made unless we know the roster size and salary cap.

Roster size of 20 and a cap of 40 million? You probably want to take Tavares.
    Roster size of 12 and cap of 90 million? You would take Crosby obviously.

Cheers
    I realize this is actual cap, but seriously.... you have the chance to draft the best player in the game. Why are you even second guessing this. This thread is almost painful.

Worry about cap issues later in the draft. There are plenty of bargains to be found. The first round isnt the round to be worried about your salary cap. The first round is all about getting the best player available.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

I have to go with Stamkos because he is going to score just about as many points (if not more in the event of a Crosby injury) and comes at a lower price. No salary cap, then Crosby gets the nod, but this may allow you to pick up another gamer at a reasonable price like a 5.5$ Tavares, 5.6$ St. Louis, or even Tyler Seguin at 5.7$ (I think).

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I have to agree with you Bottlenecker...
    Do you guys think Crosby will be able to complete an entire season in a near future?
    I don't know if I want a band-aid boy...
    Stamkos will get as many points, or more if Crosby's injured, and he cost 4 millions less...

I know Crosby is way better by far... but what scares me is the injuries...

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Riboflavele View Post
    I have to agree with you Bottlenecker...
    Do you guys think Crosby will be able to complete an entire season in a near future?
    I don't know if I want a band-aid boy...
    Stamkos will get as many points, or more if Crosby's injured, and he cost 4 millions less...

I know Crosby is way better by far... but what scares me is the injuries...
    Do what you think is best for your team. This is, afterall, your team. I know the guy sitting in the #2 hole is probably hoping and praying you pass on Crosby. I am betting he won't.

I bolded your last statement though. You pretty much summed it all up. Crosby is way better by far. I think he is worth the risk myself.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

So what is your cap and how many players on your roster? It would have to be a really low cap and a really large roster for me to pass on Sid.

Also, if its a snake draft and you're really that torn, can you trade draft spots? You could potentially get one of Malkin/Stamkos/Ovy and Tavares with the 4 and 5 picks.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

We are 4, Cap space is at 64.3$, 18 players to draft.
    I didn't though about trade draft spot... but it might be a good idea!

I could have Malkin & Tavares for the price of Crosby...

I,ll think about this option...

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Riboflavele View Post
    We are 4, Cap space is at 64.3$, 18 players to draft.
    I didn't though about trade draft spot... but it might be a good idea!

I could have Malkin & Tavares for the price of Crosby...

I,ll think about this option...
    $64.3 is not a lot of cap for 18 players in a 4-team league. 18 of the top 72ish players will come with some heavy price tags. Tavares carries that much more value here. See if the guy with the #4 pick wants to trade!