Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Voynov or Shattenkirk

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Shatts for me

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    Wow, I'm surprised how overwhelming the opinions are in favor of Voynov. I thought they were similar but Shatty having the slight edge pedigree/name-wise.

If it comes down to it I can keep both if I give up one of the borderline forwards I was contemplating keeping.
    Who are these borderline forwards? Might be a good choice as both these d-men are keeper worthy.

Between the two I'll take Shattenkirk. I really don't understand the overwhelming love for Voynov in the thread as he's yet to approach the numbers Shatty has posted. Don't get me wrong Voynov is a player I really like, I just wouldn't take him over Shatty.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Who are these borderline forwards?
    Yes, that is the million dollar question...

Dobber Sports Pro

Shattenkirk for me as well
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Star

Here's the link to my keepers thread. http://forums.dobbersports.com/showthread.php?t=156415

Essentially I'm gauging how to rank my defense in case I have to drop one. More and more I wanna just drop my forwards and keep my defense and just focus on drafting forwards.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Master

Here's the link to my keepers thread. http://forums.dobbersports.com/showthread.php?t=156415

Essentially I'm gauging how to rank my defense in case I have to drop one. More and more I wanna just drop my forwards and keep my defense and just focus on drafting forwards.
    I would find a way to parlay a trade of one of those D you spoke of (Keith is the other) and/or Brad Richards for an upgrade...

I would also think of cashing-in on the hype and trade Voynov, keeping Keith and Shattenkirk and upgrading up front...
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Star

I would like to do that too but so far no bites =\
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Master

I would like to do that too but so far no bites =\
    No bites on Voynov?... wow. I would tend to think you could cash-in and get a decent upgrade up front for him... Top 6 F for sure..
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    No bites on Voynov?... wow. I would tend to think you could cash-in and get a decent upgrade up front for him... Top 6 F for sure..
    I have been offering, OEL or Green, Phaneuf and Goligoski all off season in my league and no bites for me either people just don't value defence like they should.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Star

Part of it is due to the volatile nature of defensemen production and the bias towards forwards.

A '50-point dman' is likely to get between 45-55, that is too drastic of a range for some managers to keep over 65-70 pt forwards. Most people in a keeper league with few keeps (in this case 6) are more likely to keep a bunch of forwards and a goalie, only the sure bets for 50+ (aka the elite) are possibly kept. There arent 13 Dmen that we can confidently say fit that bill, probably 5-7 depending on your optimism.

In my case, I have to be a bit more progressive with my keepers and go for broke for some franchise scorers. I hope Mackinnon and Huberdeau make a big impact next season.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Shattenkirk.

Why?

-PP1 minutes. (49.1% of the time, he is on the ice for PP)
    -JBo will handle more of the shut-down work.
    -Voynov gets PP2 time (42% of the ice time), and has to split it with Muzzin. (with both behind Doughty)
    - 2.5 seasons of data vs. 1 season of data to work with.

[ice time % stats are from left wing lock.]

Dobber Sports Pro

Voynov. The trend is your friend.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by DuklaNation View Post
    Voynov. The trend is your friend.
    exactly...not enough people consider this when evaluating players. I know long-term Shattenkirk is still a stud, but teams (and players) get into a routine (or trend) and, although you could be wrong sometimes, the key to making good decisions (selling high and buying low) is to pick up on the trend sooner than others.

If you look at the second half of last season, Shattenkirk didn't put up many points, whereas Voynov was on fire (including the playoffs). If that trend continues for the first 20 games of the upcoming season, it will be too late to acquire Voynov for Shattenkirk. Now is the time to act on this while still possible.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98